The bigger picture - what lies ahead

Guest Thenorthlondonblue

Guest Thenorthlondonblue

Whilst there remains some divison and confusion on what has happened over the last couple of days, this has been building since the last six months of Eck's tenure.

The bottom line is that we are now a club with a chairman whio wants to sell, no manager, and unrest in the dressing room. As a financial venture, who is likely want to put their money into the club in its current position.

Given Murray has been one of the UK's most successful businessmen in the last 20 years, it would have been nice if he could have applied some of that acumen to the club. Instead we have been through the worst debt period in the club's history, and now have a team that many bluenoses believe to be the worst they have ever seen at Ibrox.

Murray must appoint a manager that regains both the fans confidence and stature of the club, even if it means digging deep into his pockets.

Murray is to blame for much but I'm sure he thought he was doing the right thing by appointing Le Guen. We couldn't have asked for a better candidate and he can't take all the blame for it going bad although maybe he didn't help.

I also believe Le Guen also had more money to spend than he did, preferring to hoard it for later and I'm sure that he would have got at least 4M in this transfer window had he convinced DM that his choices would make a difference.

But I think Le Guen was looking at unknown players on the continent while DM was thinking more along the lines of Thomson, Brown, Webster and Pressley.

I think that's why PLG kept down playing the money to spend bit as he didn't like the choices offered to him.

You have to wonder who instigated the inquiries into the Hibs pair...

PS I think Murray needs to go to town for the next manager and give him a proper budget to totally revamp the squad. We now need to get rid of Eck's AND PLG's rejects.

This squad is obviously just no good and we really, properly need to build a new one - and that takes money.

Guest Thenorthlondonblue
Murray is to blame for much but I'm sure he thought he was doing the right thing by appointing Le Guen. We couldn't have asked for a better candidate and he can't take all the blame for it going bad although maybe he didn't help.

I also believe Le Guen also had more money to spend than he did, preferring to hoard it for later and I'm sure that he would have got at least 4M in this transfer window had he convinced DM that his choices would make a difference.

But I think Le Guen was looking at unknown players on the continent while DM was thinking more along the lines of Thomson, Brown, Webster and Pressley.

I think that's why PLG kept down playing the money to spend bit as he didn't like the choices offered to him.

You have to wonder who instigated the inquiries into the Hibs pair...

The thing is we need a few SPL players who can play effectively in our league, and PLG did not see this. He was talking about bringing in more French and Eastern European players in the window, and how many of these so far have been any good!?

At least a new manager will see some of the deadbeats we have in the team, who couldn't care less about playing for us. Scottish players who join us know exactly what it means to wear the Rangers jersey.