The problem isn't the wages being paid out to the players. It's the money flowing out of the business from every other angle that needs to be stopped.

So it's ok to have thousands a week going out to players that sometimes can't even get on the bench in the Scottish lower leagues?

By all means go on about the board but our spending needs to become more sensible in all areas

It's hard to see the justification for keeping Cribari as a coach; but presumably he has the badges and perhaps they want him as a player/coach for a year or two in case of emergency; and it would need to be a big emergency, let's face it.

I think Hutton is very unfortunate; he was fit and raring to go at the start of the season; I would have given him another season at say £2,000+/week; he performed well for PT in that division when on loan.

Hutton was a major disappointment last season, when he like so many other youngsters had their chance to cement a place in the starting line-up. Instead, Macleod shot past him and took his chance, whereas Hutton failed again after Lewis' injury struck. He made a good start to the season, actually steadied the ship soemwhat against the Pars. But do we need to keep him or Perry or Hegarty, who would probably all have left by now had they not been injured? I don't think so.

Still think if coached right and given a run in the team, Hutton could have been a decent player for us.

I don't get this youth coach business with Cribari.

Agree on both points. More so the 2nd especially when David Weir is without a coaching job at the moment.

Agree on both points. More so the 2nd especially when David Weir is without a coaching job at the moment.

David Weir is currently employed at Brentford. But totally agree that he would be an excellent choice for a defensive coach role.

David Weir is currently employed at Brentford. But totally agree that he would be an excellent choice for a defensive coach role.

I didn't realise he went there after the Sheff utd role. Brentford are flying in that league.

On what basis? Where is the evidence to support this opinion?

He must be a better choice than whoever is coaching the defence at the moment?

I have always been one who has said there shouldn't be jobs for boys and that great players don't always make good coaches / managers. In Weir's case after the Sheff Utd job it looks like being a manager isn't for him but he could be a good coach. I would say this because he was pretty much a mentor for all the defensive partners he had at Ibrox and they all looked a better player when they had Weir next to them - Cuellar, Bougherra, Wilson....