I can't remember when the RFFF last released an official statement. There were official announcements about large donations right up until late October 2012 IIRC, but it basically went pretty quiet after Green & co took over. At a guess, I'd say the last statement about action from the funds was around January 2013 when it was decided and announced that some money would be getting used for defending us against the title stripping farce.

I wouldn't suggest pestering him, but if anyone is overly worried about the situation with the RFFF and the silence from the committee, then you could always just try getting in touch with Jim Hannah and ask him politely what the state of play is.

It shouldn't be up to individual fans to make contact. The fund is in place and in the care of a committee set up specifically to look after it.

The very least the committee should do is to keep people up to date with the total and any decisions that it makes with regard to how the money is spent - even if there are no immediate plans to spend any of it.

It shouldn't be up to individual fans to make contact. The fund is in place and in the care of a committee set up specifically to look after it.

The very least the committee should do is to keep people up to date with the total and any decisions that it makes with regard to how the money is spent - even if there are no immediate plans to spend any of it.

I can understand why some fans might think they should have been kept more up to date on the state of play, especially those who donated large sums of money and invested large amounts of time into extensive fundraising initiatives like the RST, RTID NI, many RSCs and websites for example. That said, anyone who was particularly concerned about it would probably just have spoken to Jim Hannah or one of the other committee members and had their questions answered. The RFFF seems to have basically been put on hold for the past year while all of the boardroom battles etc have taken center stage at the Club.

I can understand why some fans might think they should have been kept more up to date on the state of play, especially those who donated large sums of money and invested large amounts of time into extensive fundraising initiatives like the RST, RTID NI, many RSCs and websites for example. That said, anyone who was particularly concerned about it would probably just have spoken to Jim Hannah or one of the other committee members and had their questions answered. The RFFF seems to have basically been put on hold for the past year while all of the boardroom battles etc have taken center stage at the Club.

RTID NI have still got money sitting in the bank. Not a great deal but enough to get up and running should it need it. At the same time RTID NI communicated with all RSCs who got involved within days of a meeting. Meetings were also open.

I have said on other forums that i'm not happy the way the fund has shifted the parameters, regarding what they now considered what is or what's not classed as "fighting"

In the past the word fighting encompassed any payment the committee deemed appropriate, now it means strictly "fighting" on behalf of club issues 'title stripping' should the UTT go tits up, or other unambiguous strictly fighting issues?

What changed from the fund paying non-fighting anomalies like the turf relayed and historic football debts etc, to "strictly come fighting"

RTID NI have still got money sitting in the bank. Not a great deal but enough to get up and running should it need it. At the same time RTID NI communicated with all RSCs who got involved within days of a meeting. Meetings were also open.

When was the last meeting and do we know what the committee's intentions is with the fund.

When was the last meeting and do we know what the committee's intentions is with the fund.

Last meeting, if I exclude the Chuck and Imran world tour, was late summer of 2012. We gave £40k over to the RFFF and kept the odds as the committee felt it'd be better served to keep some cash back in case things went tits up again. If things get rolling again then it was agreed all committee members stand down and an election is held for whoever would like to stand.

I attended one actual RFFF meeting and Sandy said the supporters would decide where the money was spent on. That was backed up by Andy McCormick and repeated at the fans forum meeting later that day just before Green walked in with his team at the time. Don't ever recall the policy changing. From speaking to MD on this a while back the intentions are still the same.

Has there never been any more meetings that you know off mate?

No idea mate. Believe they keep in contact via email but nothing formal. Fancy Zappa is correct in that they'd prefer things were settled before asking supporters to decide where to spend the money on. Get in touch with Andy Kerr if you can, as the cash sits in the Assembly's bank account.

Can you imagine asking for suggestions right now? Fans would be clambering to say it should be BR, RF or the ST trust. Word has it Atkinson from RF has been trying to get in the door of RFFF, so right away there's issues.

Landscape needs to settle down before supporters can decide IMO. My choice is going towards the regeneration of the land round Ibrox.

Also, the amount left is between 400k and 500k.

Edited by Stimpy