Charlie Could Be Next

Well, Ally's quoted there as saying a few will be given the chance, which is encouraging.

Fingers crossed anyway. To be honest I'd rather give these lads a chance next season and get the other side of the business sorted out i.e. a proper scouting system before we get back up to the top division rather than wasting more money on players who will have to be moved for us to win a championship anyway.

Would love to see a few of the youngsters get a chance before the end of the season.

McCoist rewarded 19-year-old forward Callum Gallagher with his first start against Rovers after his goalscoring display from the bench against Dunfermline on Saturday.

But the manager insists he will not risk his side's unbeaten League One record or preparations for two important cup clashes next month by throwing more youngsters into the team unnecessarily.

"That's not the plan because momentum is vital," he said ahead of Sunday's trip to Brechin.

"The league campaign so far is 27 wins and two draws from 29 games and we want to keep that going. We don't want to start dropping points in the league and have that affect our momentum going into the Ramsdens Cup final against Raith Rovers or the Scottish Cup semi.

"If some of the younger ones deserve an opportunity, they will get it, but nothing has changed here - we must win games."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/u/rangers-boss-mccoist-eyes-new-signings.1395318148

McCoist rewarded 19-year-old forward Callum Gallagher with his first start against Rovers after his goalscoring display from the bench against Dunfermline on Saturday.

But the manager insists he will not risk his side's unbeaten League One record or preparations for two important cup clashes next month by throwing more youngsters into the team unnecessarily.

"That's not the plan because momentum is vital," he said ahead of Sunday's trip to Brechin.

"The league campaign so far is 27 wins and two draws from 29 games and we want to keep that going. We don't want to start dropping points in the league and have that affect our momentum going into the Ramsdens Cup final against Raith Rovers or the Scottish Cup semi.

"If some of the younger ones deserve an opportunity, they will get it, but nothing has changed here - we must win games."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/u/rangers-boss-mccoist-eyes-new-signings.1395318148

Said it on here before but I would happily lose our unbeaten record in the league if it means giving the youngsters a game and I'm sure a lot of fans would feel the same. We will need them to give strength in numbers to the squad next season as I can't see Ally having much money to spend over the summer.