Scottish Cup success would mean Rangers have had a better season than Celtic

Guest DonegalBear

Neither Rangers nor Celtic can be judged on winning their respective leagues as neither have a difficult task. It's more like a disaster if they don't win. They have both done it pretty comprehensively so you can't say that one has had a better season than the other.

Celtic have been terrible in the CL group stage and the cups and so their only achievement was the CL qualifiers which were still a bit dodgy.

Rangers then are judged on the three trophies they are in. The League Cup was a disaster but then there is the mitigation of the restriction of player choice that Celtic have not had to endure. The Ramsden is not much to shout about but should really be the equivalent of the League Cup to Celtic seeing as we were put out at the first opportunity.

Therefore if we win that we will already be ahead of them and in fact are basically ahead now due to reaching the final and also the semi final of the cup.

We've already had a better season than them. But if we win the two cups, it will trounce their season and indeed be an exceptional achievement for our extenuated position.

We still have to do it though and our chances in the main cup are not clear cut one way or the other.

Both teams won their leagues but no great achievement for either.

Both had embarrassing exits in the league cup.

Rangers are in the final of the Ramsdens but so what.

Celtic qualified for the CL (a fair achievement) but bombed, but not the biggest shame in the world.

If we win the Scottish, it could be the equivalent of them getting into the CL, so I'd say that it would put us on a par, but I struggle to argue that we have had a better season than them.

Celtic qualified for the CL (a fair achievement) but bombed, but not the biggest shame in the world.

If we win the Scottish, it could be the equivalent of them getting into the CL, so I'd say that it would put us on a par, but I struggle to argue that we have had a better season than them.

not even with a treble?

Our season will be an average to poor one if we don't win this Scottish Cup. Winning the league and Ramsdens with all our resources are effectively meaningless. Gimmes if you will.

Pretty much although i admit I really want the Ramsdens for a few reasons

To be honest the fact they arent on their way to a second treble tells it all , if the situation was reversed I would have expected us to be doing that or at least 5 out of 6 trophies

I think it would mean that Celtic have had a better season as they would have 30.000 bears detoxing their turf.:D

So far neither Club has done anything more than their fans would and should have expected and as BD says both had embarassing LC exits.

However, I would argue that if we win the SC (after qualifying for the semis only having to play one team from a higher divison and no SPL teams) against teams two leagues higher then that is a greater achievement than them getting to the group stages of the CL when seeded in all 3 QR's against teams from NIR, SWE & KAZ (which you could ARGUE is on the same scale as us reaching the SC Semis) and then bombing in the group stages.

TBH however, Celtic even getting to the group stages of the CL is a bigger achievement than us getting to the SC semis; but us winning the SC would be massive. :rfcbouncy:

That said, better wait to see how we get on v Dundee Utd.