Scottish Cup success would mean Rangers have had a better season than Celtic

Guest DonegalBear

Generally I agree with BD's points.

However, what would interest me is if we finish the season unbeaten in the league, win the Ramsdens and win the Scottish Cup would Ally McCoist win manager of the year?

After all, SPFL1 or not and kind cup draws or not, one defeat all season would be some record.

Both teams won their leagues but no great achievement for either.

Both had embarrassing exits in the league cup.

Rangers are in the final of the Ramsdens but so what.

Celtic qualified for the CL (a fair achievement) but bombed, but not the biggest shame in the world.

If we win the Scottish, it could be the equivalent of them getting into the CL, so I'd say that it would put us on a par, but I struggle to argue that we have had a better season than them.

I would disagree with that.

Celtic's expectations at the start of the season were a domestic treble.

Our expectations were to win the league, win the Ramsdens and "progress" in the League & SC. Winning the SC would see our season be better than theirs.

Generally I agree with BD's points.

However, what would interest me is if we finish the season unbeaten in the league, win the Ramsdens and win the Scottish Cup would Ally McCoist win manager of the year?

After all, SPFL1 or not and kind cup draws or not, one defeat all season would be some record.

Interesting question, Frankie.

If we achieved what you suggest, I wouldn't be surprised if some of our fans would still not approve of Ally!

As regards Manager of the Year is it PFA or SFWA that make the real award?

Either way, there are those who would rather stick hot needles in their eyes than vote for Ally.

I would imagine a strong case would be made for McInnes this season, but if your scenario comes true, they would have a hard job to justify not voting for Ally

Interesting question, Frankie.

If we achieved what you suggest, I wouldn't be surprised if some of our fans would still not approve of Ally!

As regards Manager of the Year is it PFA or SFWA that make the real award?

Either way, there are those who would rather stick hot needles in their eyes than vote for Ally.

I would imagine a strong case would be made for McInnes this season, but if your scenario comes true, they would have a hard job to justify not voting for Ally

Stupidly it is voted for before the main prizes are handed out. And a lower division manager won it in our Manchester year right?

Language like that should be left out of this forum - there are other forums out there where you can use this type of derogatory language.

What on earth is wrong with beadrattler ffs? Nowhere near as offensive as other words i read on here every day.

What on earth is wrong with beadrattler ffs? Nowhere near as offensive as other words i read on here every day.

Its a derogatory term that has no place on a football forum - not all Catholics support Celtic - in fact I have a lot of mates who are Catholic and massive Rangers fans.

Factual or not - it suggests that Catholicism and being a celtic supporter is mutually exclusive - which in today's world is factually incorrect.

No it doesn't. We all know exactly what it means and which context we choose to use it. F*ck, you'll be telling us not to call them tims soon.