Scottish Cup success would mean Rangers have had a better season than Celtic

Guest DonegalBear

On the whole, the football on the way to Manchester wasn't exactly inspiring.

However, reaching the final was undoubtably a success.

I'd say that your last comment was a considerable understatement.

I agree that with the exception of Bremen our home games were a bit of a trial; but I was privileged to see some unforgettable away performances (again with the possible exception of the backs to the wall job in Bremen) with Lisbon being the highlight for me.

I'd say that your last comment was a considerable understatement.

I agree that with the exception of Bremen our home games were a bit of a trial; but I was privileged to see some unforgettable away performances (again with the possible exception of the backs to the wall job in Bremen) with Lisbon being the highlight for me.

Lisbon on that run was an extraordinary evening of football. Whittakers goal will live with me forever as one of the best i have ever seen in a Rangers jersey.

Lisbon on that run was an extraordinary evening of football. Whittakers goal will live with me forever as one of the best i have ever seen in a Rangers jersey.

I'd forgotten about that goal and had to look it up on YouTube.

You're right of course, it's like watching Messi in a Rangers shirt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't argue that Whittaker's was a better goal but for me when Jean Claude Darcheville scored totally back across the goalkeeper, I just KNEW that there was no way they were going to score 2 against us in the last 30 mins having not scored in the two games up to that point. Whittaker's solo effort was the icing on the cake. I can't explain it but somehow winning that night and getting to the semi-final was bigger than Florence. Perhaps because reaching the semi-final meant we had a realistic chance of the final and that was something we really hadn't dreamt about up until that point.

Oh how i long for the return of those nights. Our club needs them back as soon as possible.

Somehow, Arbroath doesn't have the same charm or the Acropolis of Athens; Brechin isn't quite the same as Bremen and its Town Musicians; and Forfar can't quite match the Renaissance art of Florence (apologies to anyone who lives in these fine Scottish towns).

I agree, BH but you'll not get a decent bridie in any of these places. A coteletta a la Milanese while good in itself doesn't quite reach the heights of the Forfar delicacy. Light as a farfalla you could say.

I agree, BH but you'll not get a decent bridie in any of these places. A coteletta a la Milanese while good in itself doesn't quite reach the heights of the Forfar delicacy. Light as a farfalla you could say.

Prefer the Italian birdies to be honest.:)

And of cocurse there are the kippers in Arbroath.

That said, when I met a great bunch of Panathinaikos fans in Athens and was keen to sample the local culinary delights, they took me to their favourite pre-match restaurant, Applebee's, which as those of you who live or travel in the US will know, is a neighbourhood family restaurant. That said, some reech man paid for everyone's dinner so can't complain.