48-Hour Wait For Duo (Law & Black injuries)

Why not? We will most likely be up against, youngsters. Make use of our top class youth set up and fantastic batch of kids coming through, that is what it is there for. We have plenty options. There is not a kid in our squad who would offer less than Ian Black and i doubt we have a kid weak enough to go missing like Law does every week. Let's not show fear here, let's not make this an excuse for failure, let's not show weakness already with the games weeks away. Be brave, be bold and be strong.

Crawford

Peralta

Faure

Murdoch

MacLeod is he's back.

Telfer

Shiels and Jig at a push too.

Plenty options, nothing to fear.

Crawford & Peralta aren't good enough. Faure is a CB & nothing more. McLeod doesn't look like he'll be available. Murdoch & Telfer are untried kids.Jig cannot play MF anymore as he's too slow although I wouldn't put it past McCoist playing him there.

That leaves Shiels who tends to play in an advanced MF role behind the strikers. In other words we could be toiling for the games coming up

Crawford & Peralta aren't good enough. Faure is a CB & nothing more. McLeod doesn't look like he'll be available. Murdoch & Telfer are untried kids.Jig cannot play MF anymore as he's too slow although I wouldn't put it past McCoist playing him there.

That leaves Shiels who tends to play in an advanced MF role behind the strikers. In other words we could be toiling for the games coming up

Law and Black are not good enough either, they are a couple of passengers. What we are going to need against Rovers and Utd are legs, willing runners, dig and effort. All of which is lacking from Law and Black. Faure played alright today in midfield and Ally would not hesitate to use him in there as he has done since the lad has been here. All kids are untried Rab until they get a chance. Telfer and Murdoch are both bursting for a chance, they certainly deserve it. I think both would surprise you. Why is lack of pace an issue for Jig but not Black? He has no pace either.

So it doesn't just leave Shiels, it leaves us every name i posted, none of which in my opinion are any worse than Law and/or Black.

We will only toil if we make it hard for ourselves, feel sorry for ourselves and look for excuses. It certainly doesn't need to be a toil.

Law and Black are not good enough either, they are a couple of passengers. What we are going to need against Rovers and Utd are legs, willing runners, dig and effort. All of which is lacking from Law and Black. Faure played alright today in midfield and Ally would not hesitate to use him in there as he has done since the lad has been here. All kids are untried Rab until they get a chance. Telfer and Murdoch are both bursting for a chance, they certainly deserve it. I think both would surprise you. Why is lack of pace an issue for Jig but not Black? He has no pace either.

So it doesn't just leave Shiels, it leaves us every name i posted, none of which in my opinion are any worse than Law and/or Black.

We will only toil if we make it hard for ourselves, feel sorry for ourselves and look for excuses. It certainly doesn't need to be a toil.

Agree to disagree bud. I tend to always be of the opinion that youngsters will always get their chance if they're good enough.

Agree to disagree bud. I tend to always be of the opinion that youngsters will always get their chance if they're good enough.

Fair enough but i couldn't disagree with that more, especially under McCoist.

It may well be utterly meaningless but he clearly doesn't think so

A weakness on his part. We are not Ally McCoist FC.

Youngsters will always get their chance if they are good enough? Tell that to Ross McCormack and Andrew Shinnie.

That surely only works based on the proviso that the manager knows what they are doing?

Even if our current youngsters are inferior, which seems unlikely, we have nothing to lose and they have everything to gain. This is the ideal opportunity for several youngsters to be getting regular first team experience.

Because their contribution to the team is so huge?

Yes mate. Despite mediocre stuff they're our best players and the ones most likely to step up in a high profile game. I'd love if it we had better alternatives but we haven't.

Yes mate. Despite mediocre stuff they're our best players and the ones most likely to step up in a high profile game. I'd love if it others were better alternatives but we haven't.

We actually don't know if we have or not because Law and Black are picked every time they are available no matter how bad their form is. No one else is getting a chance. I wouldn't even say they are our best players, not by a long shot. As little as we have seen of Lewis MacLeod since he broke through last year, technically he is far superior to both those players. Probably scored more goals too the kid.