Do we believe that IF our new management / coaching team consists of Walter Smith, Ally McCoist and Ian Durrant that this will placate the anti/pro Murray, anti/pro PLG and anti/pro BF sections of the fan base so we can move forward as a 'united front'?

If it is, then a true master-stroke by David Murray :P I was one who was suckered in by the PLG signing and Murrays protestations regarding finance, I can already feel myself (against my better judgement) being suckered in again was the 'promise' of a Scottish & Rangers management / coaching team and the prospect of some exciting Scottish players being signed.

Cammy F - Easily Hoodwinked Loyal RSC

One thing in my mind is certain. David Murray HAS to get it right this time. Every single fan at one time or another has has their spirits raised by him only to have them crashing down to a huge low.

But it has happened too often in the past few years and the whole club are suffering more and more. We cannot continue to get beat by the 'lesser' (for want of a better word) teams in the SPL week in week out.

If he gets it wrong yet again, more and more fans are going to start realising that the blame doesnt only lye at the Managers/Players feet, but more at the men at the top who employ them all.

One thing in my mind is certain. David Murray HAS to get it right this time. Every single fan at one time or another has has their spirits raised by him only to have them crashing down to a huge low.

But it has happened too often in the past few years and the whole club are suffering more and more. We cannot continue to get beat by the 'lesser' (for want of a better word) teams in the SPL week in week out.

If he gets it wrong yet again, more and more fans are going to start realising that the blame doesnt only lye at the Managers/Players feet, but more at the men at the top who employ them all.

But isn't DM too clever for that to happen? He hoodwinked us into believing that AM (who was as successful as Craptics 2nd most successful manager of ALL time) was being replaced by a manager who would deliver 'moonbeams of success) - when in reality, he couldn't deliver 3 back to back victories.

He looks like replacing PLG with Rangers legends, hence taking away the spotlight from himself - they guy who actually employed Eck and PLG.................

Cammy F

Do we believe that IF our new management / coaching team consists of Walter Smith, Ally McCoist and Ian Durrant that this will placate the anti/pro Murray, anti/pro PLG and anti/pro BF sections of the fan base so we can move forward as a 'united front'?

If it is, then a true master-stroke by David Murray :P I was one who was suckered in by the PLG signing and Murrays protestations regarding finance, I can already feel myself (against my better judgement) being suckered in again was the 'promise' of a Scottish & Rangers management / coaching team and the prospect of some exciting Scottish players being signed.

Cammy F - Easily Hoodwinked Loyal RSC

I posted the same in another thread. I think it is a Murray masterstroke'. It will take a long time before fans lose faith in Ally. Takes the pressure off him for a while.

But isn't DM too clever for that to happen? He hoodwinked us into believing that AM (who was as successful as Craptics 2nd most successful manager of ALL time) was being replaced by a manager who would deliver 'moonbeams of success) - when in reality, he couldn't deliver 3 back to back victories.

He looks like replacing PLG with Rangers legends, hence taking away the spotlight from himself - they guy who actually employed Eck and PLG.................

Cammy F

He has pulled the wool over our eyes for a long time. But like i said, lots of things are going wrong all at once and eventually he'll start being the one getting the finger pointed at rather than the team, unless he plows his own money into the club (sarcasm ahead)... and i can reeeally see that happening.

I remember a few weeks ago that some of the lads said that if things didn't improve/or got worse. It may force DMs hand into pumping some cash into the transfer kitty.

Well, it's happened. So can we expect a wee injection of cash to get things up and running?

Or is this just false hope?

He has pulled the wool over our eyes for a long time. But like i said, lots of things are going wrong all at once and eventually he'll start being the one getting the finger pointed at rather than the team, unless he plows his own money into the club (sarcasm ahead)... and i can reeeally see that happening.

I see what you are saying m8, but in reality, all the vast majority of fans want to see is The Rangers doing well domestically and The Rangers being run by 'Rangers men'.

If this trio get Rangers back on track (and there is nothing to suggest that they won't), hey presto, the vast majority forget all about the youth development, the fact that we don't own our brand name, that Murray has sold the silver to his co-horts etc.

Bobs you uncle - Murray is flavour of the month again - well apart from the resident cynics like myself and steve (must be an age / punk thing :thup: )

Cammy F