Taken from FF

The RFFF voted today that in the event of litigation against Craig Houston, arising from content on the Sons Of Struth Facebook page, a proposal to provide financial support will be taken to a general meeting of fans.

Taken from FF

The RFFF voted today that in the event of litigation against Craig Houston, arising from content on the Sons Of Struth Facebook page, a proposal to provide financial support will be taken to a general meeting of fans.

I would vote 'NO' to this proposal. This money was accrued to aid the club. As much as Houston is a bear, and I don't like seeing him being sued, he was well warned to stop the abuse before it reached this stage. This woud be, in my opinion, a gross misappropriation of funds.

From the point of view SE has to consider a legal battle with supporters (via RFFF), this is actually quite clever. Game of poker and we will now see how determind SE is. Plus, democracy will determine where the cash is spent. nobody wil object to democracy will they?

From the point of view SE has to consider a legal battle with supporters (via RFFF), this is actually quite clever. Game of poker and we will now see how determind SE is. Plus, democracy will determine where the cash is spent. nobody wil object to democracy will they?

Spot on. If nothing else, it takes away the bullying aspect of it all, and is a worthy cause to fight for. The money was earmarked for the club. If Easdale wants to be the one to deny the club for his own benefit, on his head be it. It's not just the SOS that have been issued with threats from Easdale's lawyers. Someone had to eventually take a stand against it. It's shameful if we leave it on all on the head of one individual fan, and I think on balance the RFFF are doing the right thing, even if you don't agree with the way the SOS go about things.

The RFFF was set up to help the club and financially assisting a guy who is being sued is not in tune with its intent, but the RFFF seems to be a law unto itself.

Who will hold it to account if it spends money on a cause inconsistent with its declared aim? If I remember correctly, it gave money to Dunfermline shortly after it was up and running and this was a voluntary payout that went against its stated aims. Perhaps others will remember the detail.

I wouldn't want to see this chap ruined if the case goes the distance so a fund to help him is a good idea, but if the RFFF picks up the tab it is going to alienate a good number of fans who contributed to it and cause further division within the support. An independent fund is surely a better option because it can be supported by those who specifically wish to help and ignored by those who do not.

The RFFF looks to have been caught between a rock and a hard place. Maybe that's why it has opted out of making a decision and passed the buck to a more general meeting - whatever that means.

Spot on. If nothing else, it takes away the bullying aspect of it all, and is a worthy cause to fight for. The money was earmarked for the club. If Easdale wants to be the one to deny the club for his own benefit, on his head be it. It's not just the SOS that have been issued with threats from Easdale's lawyers. Someone had to eventually take a stand against it. It's shameful if we leave it on all on the head of one individual fan, and I think on balance the RFFF are doing the right thing, even if you don't agree with the way the SOS go about things.

Our fans are consistently put on trial for simply singing a song, why has the RFFF never been considered for them then?