Set up a fund that is specifically designed to prevent the financial collapse of the Rangers fan who is being sued.

The RFFF, if it backs this guy, will have effectively conned thousands of its contributors who would probably never have imagined that their cash could have been spent like this.

Imagine if a separate fund is set up to help the SOS guy, and it spends a large amount of its money on something other than helping the very person that it exists to help.

Wouldn't people be right to be angry that their money had been diverted from its original intention?

When groups are set up to achieve good things, they should be properly and carefully organised. The RFFF doesn't even have a live website with a running total to let fans know how much is in the bank.

The support will surely assist this guy if things get to a dangerous stage, but it should do so in the right manner.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You seem to have other complaints about the way the RFFF goes about it's business, quite apart from this situation. The use of the money was always fairly ambiguous. I imagine that's what the committee is for. I'm sure money would be raised if another fund was set up to help the SOS, but what's the point when we already have a large sum sitting doing nothing? It all comes down to whether you think defending our right to criticise our directors is in the interest of the club. It probably won't need using once Easdale is aware that the bullying won't work. Has he really got the neck to take on the RFFF for his own personal gain? He will be finished if he does.

Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture, even if you don't totally agree with all aspects of it. Like I said, if you contributed and are really that angry about it. You can always ask for your money back, and then complain if they refuse. If Easdale goes ahead with this, and bankrupts Craig, what ramifications will that have for anyone else that dares to ask questions about any future board we may have? It's not really about the SOS.

You seem to have other complaints about the way the RFFF goes about it's business, quite apart from this situation. The use of the money was always fairly ambiguous. I imagine that's what the committee is for. I'm sure money would be raised if another fund was set up to help the SOS, but what's the point when we already have a large sum sitting doing nothing? It all comes down to whether you think defending our right to criticise our directors is in the interest of the club. It probably won't need using once Easdale is aware that the bullying won't work. Has he really got the neck to take on the RFFF for his own personal gain? He will be finished if he does.

Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture, even if you don't totally agree with all aspects of it. Like I said, if you contributed and are really that angry about it. You can always ask for your money back, and then complain if they refuse. If Easdale goes ahead with this, and bankrupts Craig, what ramifications will that have for anyone else that dares to ask questions about any future board we may have? It's not really about the SOS.

It's about raising money and spending it appropriately.

There is very little opposition to the guy getting financial help from fellow fans. There is an issue though with a fund set up for other reasons being used to spend money in this way.

The RFFF should be keeping a safe distance because the mere prospect of it spending money on something like this has stirred things up and added to the disharmony that already exists within the Rangers support.

The RFFF appealing for money and then spending it on something substantially different from assisting the club with its running costs is a very bad idea.

By all means help the guy out, but it should be done in a way that is unambiguous and straightforward, and that means having a separate fund that does what it says on the tin.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It all comes down to whether you think defending our right to criticise our directors is in the interest of the club. It probably won't need using once Easdale is aware that the bullying won't work. .

Surely that's the point; Mr Easdale hasn't threatened to sue Mr Houston for criticising his performance as a director, that would be ridiculous; he has threatened to sue because in his opinion and that of his lawyer, the comments objected to on the SoS web site were libellous and constitute actionable defamation because they are injurious to his business reputation and hence his business. Furthermore he then published a repition of said comments, which was ill-advised at best.

Whether you think the comments were defamatory or not, they were a personal attack on Mr Easdale not on his performance as a director and even if they were, that would not be a proper use of the money that was collected for the benefit of the club.

If the original aim of the fund had included a statement along the lines of The 'Rangers Fans Fighting Fund' will allow supporters to make cash donations towards the club's running costs and the Fund may also may be used to defend prominent fans from actions for defamation raised by Directors of the Club would it have achieved the same level of contributions or indeed any contributions?

Wouldn't it rightly have been said at the time that a fund to help save the club is one thing and it's needed now; a fund to defend a fan from a defamation action is quite another and may hopefully not be needed at all.

but its all because they dared to criticise the **** regime

If Mr Houston had merely criticised the regime or allowed the regime to be criticised on his web site then provided the comments were true he would not be in any danger of being sued; it's the way he and the posters on his site have included personal attacks that is causing the issue; this site was warned for using simliar language was it not?

Maybe's aye maybe's no; but it's more than a chink in Mr Houston's armour, it's a ruddy great big hole.

i am not so sure it is.

this isn't america. easdale is at it. he wont get a penny and he wont get 200k. infact a judge will likely piss himself laughing at the notion your supposed to monitor your facebook 24/7

i am not so sure it is.

this isn't america. easdale is at it. he wont get a penny and he wont get 200k. infact a judge will likely piss himself laughing at the notion your supposed to monitor your facebook 24/7

A good case for Judge Judy perhaps then.