Given that RIFC accounts were submitted last year, it's very strange (and suspicious) that RFCL's accounts weren't also submitted around the same time. Given that most of RIFC's consolidated trading takes place in RFCL, the RFCL accounts must have been almost there, if not completed. The main conclusion I can make is that there's something in these accounts that the directors don't want us to see.

Somers has apparently been telling concerned fans who've been asking about the RFCL accounts for a while now that the delay was because it had been decided it made sense to release them at the same time as the interim accounts for RIFC.

I think we can expect whatever they've perhaps been trying to hide to be well and truly hidden in details that are as clear as mud... again.

Millions upon millions will be attributed to anonymous and mysterious one-off costs... again.

Somers has apparently been telling concerned fans who've been asking about the RFCL accounts for a while now that the delay was because it had been decided it made sense to release them at the same time as the interim accounts for RIFC.

So they think it makes sense to release full year accounts to 30th June 2013 at the same time as half year accounts to 31/12/13? Makes no sense to me.

Accounts still don't appear to have been registered at Companies House.

So they think it makes sense to release full year accounts to 30th June 2013 at the same time as half year accounts to 31/12/13? Makes no sense to me.

I can't remember the exact wording, but email replies from Somers to bean counters who've been asking him about it for a while were posted elsewhere. It's not that he said delaying the accounts made sense, it's that last month he was telling people making inquiries about the delay in releasing the RFCL accounts, that they would be released along with the RIFC interim results. As I say though, I can't remember the exact wording. I'll maybe try to find the posts containing emails later on.

As I said before sommers claims Deloitte told them to release both at once.

If true and I doubt it is it seems highly questionable advice.

Ian McLean ‏@ianmmclean 8m

Still no accounts filed.

On 13th March Somers stated they would be filed along with interims! pic.twitter.com/wXwvO1dtpN

Ian McLean ‏@ianmmclean 7m

Still no accounts filed.

On 28th March, Somers stated they would be filed on Frid or Monday. pic.twitter.com/KyeHmRsReo

Ian McLean ‏@ianmmclean 7m

Still no accounts filed.

On 31st March Somers stated they would be filed this afternoon. pic.twitter.com/RtKUXA5vQj

BkJM8XoIMAAhObV.jpg:large

Accounts still don't appear to have been registered at Companies House.

From the horses mouth so to speak.

Subject: Re: Overdue accounts 8 days on!

XXXXXXX

Deloitte are advising that we file these and issue the interims on the same date. So we are likely to accept their advice.

Regards,

David Somers Chairman

Rangers International Football Club

Below are email responses from the Chairman David Somers to various email inquiries about the accounts last month -

5th March - "The RFC filing with Companies House will take place within the next few days."

13th March - "Deloitte are advising that we file these and issue the interims on the same date. So we are likely to accept their advice."

28th March - "Worked with Deloitte on Interim statements first. Now the Companies House filings which will be today or Monday."

31st March - "They are being filed this afternoon."

still showing as overdue. good to see we have plenty of cash for fines.

just not for players wages it seems.

Unnecessary dig ... for on the other hand you want them cutting cost by laying off staff. You can't have it both ways, you know?