Rangers First - Temporary Chairs of Working Groups Announced

The point that most fans that are online fail to realise , even when it's pointed out time and again , the vast majority of football fans , as a whole , ignore online forums , websites , twitter , fb etc etc , on talksport a few weeks ago they were discussing social media and an expert stated that over 86% of participating fans , ie those that actually went to the games , had no online contact about their clubs , and that that figure dramatically fell amongst fans that didn't attend games , I missed the actual figure he quoted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The point that most fans that are online fail to realise , even when it's pointed out time and again , the vast majority of football fans , as a whole , ignore online forums , websites , twitter , fb etc etc , on talksport a few weeks ago they were discussing social media and an expert stated that over 86% of participating fans , ie those that actually went to the games , had no online contact about their clubs , and that that figure dramatically fell amongst fans that didn't attend games , I missed the actual figure he quoted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree absolutely, rbr.

However, my point is the inherent unfairness of anonymous attacks against fellow Bears. Why should those who cloak their identity and use it aggressively remain anonymous.

For all we know, they could be Tims, or people who have the destruction of our Club as a prime motive.

I posted this on Friday.

‏@dcgriff2000

@Falkirkbear @GordonKeane @JP_1872 @Spinvicta Do it, bud. They'd welcome callers' views on what looks like a Buy Rangers bid to takeover RF.

Some don't want Supporters having a say.

It might be different if the person was just shouting abuse and effing or blinding to no purpose.

I'm the first to whine about bad manners but this person's writing is not only funny, intelligent and interesting, but pushes the English language into areas it's never been before. Added to which is the social impact of it being - gasp! - a woman doing it. And what's the reaction from us? Burn the witch!

I sometimes wonder whether we're worth saving, which is a hell of way to look forward to a cup final.

Such as "fucktards" for example? In my opinion it's nothing to do with her being a woman, though others may hold a different view.

The language of the gutter? It's not the 1950s BH. There are times when only swearing can express something adequately, ask Shakespeare. Are we really at a point where men who don't like a woman swearing can hound her from a role because if it? That's Talibanesque frankly.

Point taken amms and I stress I do not have a personal account on Twitter, so have only seen snippets that have been copied elsewhere. But I make a distinction between using foul language as an adjective or adverb and using it as a noun e.g I would agree that Rangers were f****** hopeless today but it was considered unacceptable on here for someone to call me a c***.

If that's old fashioned then fair enough.

Point taken amms and I stress I do not have a personal account on Twitter, so have only seen snippets that have been copied elsewhere. But I make a distinction between using foul language as an adjective or adverb and using it as a noun e.g I would agree that Rangers were f****** hopeless today but it was considered unacceptable on here for someone to call me a c***.

If that's old fashioned then fair enough.

See, I've no problem with someone being called c*** if they have behaved like a c***. It's strong I accept but without context it's impossible to judge. Certain words imbue more meaning and force than others, knowing when to use them correctly is the difficult bit.

Language evolves as I'm sure you know, my Granny had no problem describing someone as feeling 'gay' as a way of saying they were happy. I doubt anyone who uses the word 'bastard' today really means to describe someone as being born without a father, if only because there is basically no social stigma attached to that today. Having read some of what was said about the person in question you can only infer that her gender was the issue with some, that's unacceptable in my opinion, far more sinister than swearing at someone.

Like you I don't personally know the individual involved in this, I only know her from her blog and other writings. She uses the language well in my opinion, her departure is a loss to Rangers First.