Genuine question because I think Dave King could get blamed for something he is not totally responsible for. I honestly believe, after speaking to hundreds of other fans, that they have had enough of the complete and utter dross being served up on the park. Nothing to do with boardroom stuff.

Edited by Anchorman

I believe that if the marketing is done right for next season there will be a significant increase in ST sales. See us battle back to the SPL against the likes of Hearts, possibly Dundee, Dunfermline etc, which will be the most competitive league in Scotland.

A new manager would be a big boost to sales as well; don't know anyone who thinks McCoist is up to the job and he certainly wouldn't get another one anywhere else.

I do not understand how a businessman like King cannot see the "serious financial consequences" created by the "material uncertainty" about the payment of ST monies; but at the end of the day I doubt if 10% of those who have signed up to the trust scheme idea will actually commit their money. Quite simply the Board will say pay up and get you seat; don't pay up and lose your seat. There is not a snowballs chance in hell of them signing over our major assets for a few million of ST money.

In any event, I don't think it will come to that. I am convinced that when THE PLAN comes out; DK will drop the ST scheme; otherwise he won't get what he really wants.

It's clear to all and sundry that the football under McCoist is reprehensively unwatchable. The irony is we aren't even good at the horrific direct style we adopt. They should create some rule to punish teams that make no effort to play football. It sickens me. At least Stoke and Wimbledon could argue they were up against better opposition.

I am a football purist that watches pretty much every single game on Sky but I am not looking for total football. I am looking for watchable football.

It's got to be said that Ally has learned everything from Walter. Walter went for the same approach but huge resources helped to mask it.

PS - As much as I hate the board, we will never get anywhere when we have a dire manager in charge who has highly paid professionals treating the football like a rugby ball.

Lets just get the ball played on the park, a scouting network and a proper youth development programme. Is it that complex? No but we always get it wrong.

What about this buy your season book and safeguard ibrox. Now there's a marketing plan.

Now you're talking.

Instead of all this put your ST money in a trust nonsense, and make no mistake it IS nonsense and will achieve absolutely nothing at all except put the future of the Club in jeopordy; how much better would it be for King and the UoF et al, to hold up banners saying

SAFEGUARD THE CLUB, BUY YOUR SEASON TICKETS AS SOON AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE

"It would be foolhardy for fans to once again commit their money without any kind of transparency or security." says Chris Graham. On the contrary, it would be foolhardy to withhold that money. He doesn't "see that they are putting the Club in jeopardy"; on the contrary that's exactly what they are doing.

"If this were to happen then there would be a negative impact on short-term cash balances and it is possible that the club may need to seek alternative additional short term financing.

"This clearly would not be in the best interests of Rangers and would likely have a significant impact on our ability to progress the development of the club in the planned manner."

(David Somers)

This is not the blackmail that has been portrayed it is the stated opinion of the Chairman of Rangers International Football Club; who is , I would suggest, far better placed to know than Messrs Dinnie, Graham or Houston.

This condition relating to the timing of receipt of season ticket monies, along with the details provided in note 2 to the condensed set of financial statements, indicate the existence of a material uncertainty which may cast significant doubt about the Company's ability to continue as a going concern and therefore that the Company may be unable to realise its assets and discharge its liabilities in the normal course of business.

Deloitte LLP

Chartered Accountants and Statutory Auditor

BH - For such an intelligent guy, you have some terrible views. Whilst I agree that the season ticket trust idea is ridiculous and will never come to fruition, you sound very much like the head in the sand crew that are happy to get their arses in the air ready and waiting. Long may the cycle continue?

It's clear the current incumbents are useless. The time for change is now. I think we are bound to be screwed over until the end of time unless King steps up. He quite literally is the only bear on the face of this earth with the required collateral who gives a flying fuck about us.

BH - For such an intelligent guy, you have some terrible views. Whilst I agree that the season ticket trust idea is ridiculous and will never come to fruition, you sound very much like the head in the sand crew that are happy to get their arses in the air ready and waiting. Long may the cycle continue?

It's clear the current incumbents are useless. The time for change is now. I think we are bound to be screwed over until the end of time unless King steps up. He quite literally is the only bear on the face of this earth with the required collateral who gives a flying fuck about us.

Thank you for the compliment (and I accept that my views have rarely if ever been mainstream or at least not mainsteam as portrayed on web forums).

I agree that there is a great deal wrong with our Club; but I do not think that the "ridiculous" (as you rightly desribe it) ST scheme is the right way to go about fixing it.

I also agree that absent a major injection of cash from the existing investors (who will get first shout on a new share issue) or perhaps a MAJOR new sponsorship deal and who knows what else from THE PLAN, Mr King seems the most likely source of finance.

Indeed in my opinion and that of others more experienced than me in these matters; his whole campaign is predicated on his desire to be allocated as much of the new share issue as he can afford or is willing to commit.

Surely it would be better to get all the ST money AND new finance whatever the source.

I'm not sure what's so terrible about that opinion.

BH does seem to have morphed into some board supporting fanboi. Hacked account?

No, all my own work I can assure you; but perhaps something in the sea air at Arbroath today.

I don't see this as a them and us situation; I see it as a Club situation.

See also #8.