The OP was meant to be more of a poll rather than yet another thread on the ST and King debate - so apologies for creating another thread on the same debate (with the same old arguments).

I was just asking a straightforward question - which one could potentially lose more punters next year?

Ah well - so much for that!! :rolleyes:

The OP was meant to be more of a poll rather than yet another thread on the ST and King debate - so apologies for creating another thread on the same debate (with the same old arguments).

We all know what Dave King has suggested (as a last resort I might add) re STs.

We all know what our brand of football is already starting to do to 'bums on seats'.

I was just asking a straightforward question - which one could potentially lose more punters next year?

(Oh and BTW BH - punters clamoring for tickets next year to watch the 'biggest show in town' is utter bollocks. Don't give up your day job to go into sales. More punters than ever are asking themselves 'do I want to sit and watch yet another season of that dross?')

I think I'm right in saying that there has been a turnover of 10,000 or so ST holders in each of the last two seasons.

Again, I say that if it is marketed properly & a new manager would be a big boost to sales as well, more ST's will be sold next season than this; if for no other reason than the quaility of the opposition will be much better. An apparently very intelligent sales guy I spoke to on the train yesterday said he thought we would sell out; not sure about that, but somewhere in the region of 36,000 - 40,000 is a distinct possibility

I think you are 'over-sellling' that one a tad!

I'd say that in the Championship all bar Cowdenbeath, Morton and Alloa are at least one level better than what we have played this season, with quite a few are far more professionally set up as well. Add Hearts to that and you know what BH refers to. It's obviously not EPL, CL or even SPL, but sure a step upwards all round. And for nigh all those teams, it will be cup-final day each time they play us, which adds to the competition.

I'd say that in the Championship all bar Cowdenbeath, Morton and Alloa are at least one level better than what we have played this season, with quite a few are far more professionally set up as well. Add Hearts to that and you know what BH refers to. It's obviously not EPL, CL or even SPL, but sure a step upwards all round. And for nigh all those teams, it will be cup-final day each time they play us, which adds to the competition.

I agree it's a level up, but the point I'm making is that it's not appealing enough that people are going be rushing to buy STs to see it, which is what BH suggested. There is only so much you can 'big up' Hearts and Dunfermline (two sides who have firmly hit the grubber in recent times).

I think I'm right in saying that there has been a turnover of 10,000 or so ST holders in each of the last two seasons.

Again, I say that if it is marketed properly & a new manager would be a big boost to sales as well, more ST's will be sold next season than this; if for no other reason than the quaility of the opposition will be much better. An apparently very intelligent sales guy I spoke to on the train yesterday said he thought we would sell out; not sure about that, but somewhere in the region of 36,000 - 40,000 is a distinct possibility

We should but I bet we don't.

DK will not lose us any ST holders, same goes for UOF. McCoist will lose us plenty if the people around me are anything to go by.

Totally agree. I barely hear a word otherwise at games now. Something has got to give.

As for the argument that a competitive race towards the league title will make it more appealing - make no mistake about it - if we are not winning that league by a clear margin next year it will be down to us playing badly again, not other sides getting impressive consistent form. We have already shown on one of the very few occasions we played decent this year, when we humped Dunfermline, what the gulf in class should be.

I had you down as a wise enough fellow to not fall for the propaganda in the accounts. Pray tell why we need every season book in advance to avert certain doom? Are we going to be active in the transfer market? I also wish you would stop saying that the trust want our assets signed over. They are merely asking for a security on them. Fulfill the fixtures, and the security obligation ends. It's no different to what Laxey were getting.

All that aside, the club will get all the book money at the normal time, in exchange for security on our two biggest, most important assets. No drip feeding, no holding back, no boycott. Give me one reason why the board can't offer this. They already said they wouldn't use them for any future loans.

I think man this is where much of it falls down Tin Man - there are people in neither camp who sit somewhere in the middle but are as concerned as anyone else about our club.

What is the "propaganda" in the accounts which you refer to ? As others will attest I'm not the most astute when it comes to reading or understanding accounts so i would be interested to know to what you refer.

If the Rangers support are to be convinced the current incumbents of our boardroom are "wrong uns" we will need substantially more than "they are ****s" or various discourses about Sandy Easdale's hair, which to be honest comes across as puerile childish nonsense.