I didn't say it wasn't acceptable, I said the fence doesn't exist anymore. You either trust the board, or you don't. Most people don't, regardless of Mr King, or any crazed bloggers. Imagine our future if King walks away. The season ticket sales will be irrelevant, unless Wallace pulls a rabbit out his arse after this mystical 120 days.

Well my own opinion is that King, as per Jackson's article last week, has indeed checkmated the current board.

Quite simply, irrespective of who is on the board, I cannot see anyway that such a free cash injection can be matched or more favourable revenue streams can be identified. It's simply impossible.

However I dont see Somer's comments as propaganda - more of a financial reality . Our club's survival is dependent on the revenue from season ticket sales, a fact also alluded to recently by one of the main proponents of the Season Ticket Trust Fund Scheme.

Im prepared to wait for the 120 days however - I think thats only sensible, particularly as the only realistic alternative - King - has also advised that.

I actually can't. He's my last hope.

Doesn't that tell you how much Rangers has fallen as a football club and as an institution - that it appears to be dependent on the intentions of the last rich man alive who is prepared to chuck a few pounds in its direction?

If Dave King walked away this afternoon, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. It would maybe force us to act like responsible adults and be constructive in our approach to making Rangers great again.

Well my own opinion is that King' date=' as per Jackson's article last week, has indeed checkmated the current board.

Quite simply, irrespective of who is on the board, I cannot see anyway that such a free cash injection can be matched or more favourable revenue streams can be identified. It's simply impossible.

However I dont see Somer's comments as propaganda - more of a financial reality . Our club's survival is dependent on the revenue from season ticket sales, a fact also alluded to recently by one of the main proponents of the Season Ticket Trust Fund Scheme.

Im prepared to wait for the 120 days however - I think thats only sensible, particularly as the only realistic alternative - King - has also advised that.[/quote']

Fair enough. Wallace has basically 30 days to welcome King aboard then, or face the wrath. It may look like King has got them checkmated, but it wouldn't be the first time this mob have just scattered the chess board, and said they're no playing. Whether the support will forgive them this time is another matter.

On topic, I don't see the two options as mutually exclusive. With proper investment, Ally will be able to buy a better quality of player, not that it will silence his majority of critics. I think people forget that it takes 2 teams to make an entertaining game of football. If one team is packing their defence/midfield, and hacking anything that moves, even the best of coaches would struggle to make their style entertaining, especially when you consider the quality of player we have.

Fair enough. Wallace has basically 30 days to welcome King aboard then, or face the wrath. It may look like King has got them checkmated, but it wouldn't be the first time this mob have just scattered the chess board, and said they're no playing. Whether the support will forgive them this time is another matter.

On topic, I don't see the two options as mutually exclusive. With proper investment, Ally will be able to buy a better quality of player, not that it will silence his majority of critics. I think people forget that it takes 2 teams to make an entertaining game of football. If one team is packing their defence/midfield, and hacking anything that moves, even the best of coaches would struggle to make their style entertaining, especially when you consider the quality of player we have.

Thats it in a nutshell bud - and thats why the fence-sitters like me, should not be ostracised from their position nor the debate.

If the 120 day review they asked for is honoured, and they still come up short but knock back King - then I would suggest there will be the 2 camps you alluded to earlier. Only by this time one of them will have swelled to become an irrepressible force for change.

What I've been saying all along. You may ver well end up playing some smashing games, especially if you get ahead early on. But generally, it was and is an uphill task every Saturday no matter how good or bad we and the opposition is at the day. People all too easily forget or simply disregard how far better Rangers teams have failed to produce decent or even up to scratch performances in cup games throughout the decades. As I said elsewhere, the world does not solely revolve around Rangers, its players, and the manager.

Doesn't that tell you how much Rangers has fallen as a football club and as an institution - that it appears to be dependent on the intentions of the last rich man alive who is prepared to chuck a few pounds in its direction?

If Dave King walked away this afternoon, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. It would maybe force us to act like responsible adults and be constructive in our approach to making Rangers great again.

My comment about Dave King being my last hope is nothing whatsoever to do with wanting "a rich man who is prepared to chuck a few pounds in our direction". He is my 'last hope' that a way can be found to get rid of a board who seem hell bent on staying put regardless and bleeding us dry. I also wanted the McCollco bid to succeed.

If Dave King fails to do it prey tell what "responsible adult approach" you reckon will make a blind bit of difference in getting change at a board level and what you would do to "make Rangers great again"?

I repeat - I see Dave King as our last hope. I certainly don't see fans "behaving like adults" changing much. Pie in the sky mate.

The question was "who will lose us more season tickets-McCoist or the Dave King v Board wrangle?" Not sure of the precise numbers but both McCoist through the lousy football on offer and the dissatisfaction with the board will be responsible. Most will remember the "We deserve better" banner on display at the St Johnstone game some years back. A growing number of good Rangers people are identifying with the same three words, right now.

Well my own opinion is that King' date=' as per Jackson's article last week, has indeed checkmated the current board.

Im prepared to wait for the 120 days however - I think thats only sensible, particularly as the only realistic alternative - King - has also advised that.[/quote']

checkmate suggests he has won.

but lets be honest this board would rather see us struggle than see their shares diluted.

my guess is it will take years and a serious boycott to shift them and get king the chance to invest.