That might well be regarded as casting doubt on the "ability to pay creditors"; but it's not what is referred to by the Chairman or the Auditors.

that's just semantics it's the same thing.

you say

I would suggest to you that he was refering to the UoF and SoS, in particular Messrs Graham & Houston; and casting doubt on the Club's ability to trade as a going concern is exactly what they have done.

but it's the accounts that really do that. paying creditors and being a going concern go hand in hand.

An institution like Rangers should never have to rely on one man to prop it up but we have allowed ourselves to be overtaken by this mindset.

We drone on about how great we are, how loyal we are and how unmatched we are as as fanbase, but when a crisis comes along, we try to seek out saviours instead of working constructively towards making Rangers safe and secure. Basically, we run from our problems instead of properly addressing them.

If Dave King becomes the new main man at Rangers, unless things change significantly, it could be an exercise in papering over the cracks.

In the long run, it will do more good if we sort out this mess by ourselves. Admittedly, we have too many fan groups, too many pet projects and a worrying amount of disharmony, but if the club is worth saving, and if we aren't capable of saving it ourselves, it will surely falter again in the future. The arrival of Dave King might provide us with temporary respite, but the underlying illness will still be present.

If the fans can't harmonise their efforts and work maturely and constructively to put Rangers on safe ground, we really have to ask ourselves if we deserve to have a club that has given us so much pleasure over so many years.

You choose to ignore the core content of my previous response i.e nothing to do with King's money, more to do with 'can anyone get rid of this board?'. And you choose to continue your 'pie in the sky' stuff like - "it will do more good if we sort out this mess by ourselves." Go ahead mate - tell me how we do that - PLEASE! How do we get the current board to listen to us and change? Tell me - PLEASE!

Until you can tell me - then people like Dave King are the only hope..

Tell me what this actually means and how achievable it is? - "If the fans can't harmonise their efforts and work maturely and constructively to put Rangers on safe ground, we really have to ask ourselves if we deserve to have a club that has given us so much pleasure over so many years." It is very poetic but it is just words mate .

You choose to ignore the core content of my previous response i.e nothing to do with King's money, more to do with 'can anyone get rid of this board?'. And you choose to continue your 'pie in the sky' stuff like - "it will do more good if we sort out this mess by ourselves." Go ahead mate - tell me how we do that - PLEASE! How do we get the current board to listen to us and change? Tell me - PLEASE!

Until you can tell me - then people like Dave King are the only hope..

Tell me what this actually means and how achievable it is? - "If the fans can't harmonise their efforts and work maturely and constructively to put Rangers on safe ground, we really have to ask ourselves if we deserve to have a club that has given us so much pleasure over so many years." It is very poetic but it is just words mate .

The argument in favour of fan ownership has been in place since the advent of the RST over ten years ago. By now, it should be obvious that it is the only achievable solution to our ills.

The current board will probably never listen or change so we should do all that we can to buy it out. If Dave King can accelerate this process, fine, but if it doesn't lead to the proper democratisation of the club, then it will only delay the next crisis, and there will be one.

A mature support that truly believed in itself should be able to work towards making Rangers fan-owned, but as you can see from recent mutterings and splinters, the Rangers support is a mere infant in the grown up political world, and while this has to change, it never will while we plead for Dave King and folk like him to do what we should be doing ourselves.

If Dave King walked away, the onus to fix things would be on us. I'm fine with that.

Edited by Hildy

Surely it would be better to get all the ST money AND new finance whatever the source.

That's a bit of a volte face after what you did to John Bennett is it not?

I'm not sure what's so terrible about that opinion.

I don't doubt that for a single second.

That's a bit of a volte face after what you did to John Bennett is it not?

I don't doubt that for a single second.

Good morning, FS.

For the last time; I did not do anything to John Bennett; he stated himself that he was never part of the Blue Knights "my name was released prematurely"; he came to Glasgow, saw the size of the task, realised that for the amount of his investment he would want to be a director, knew that that was inconsistent with his day job, decided not to be part of the Blue Knights; all before he spoke to me.

Neither you nor I know if he ultimately invested any money.

The vast majority of people acknowledged that I did what I had to do from a professional point of view. I made the mistake of being open and honest and releasing the letters; but at the end of the day, he made his own decision.

Now will you give it a rest.

Thank you for agreeing that the proposed ST scheme is ridiculous.

A mature support that truly believed in itself should be able to work towards making Rangers fan-owned, but as you can see from recent mutterings and splinters, the Rangers support is a mere infant in the grown up political world, and while this has to change, it never will while we plead for Dave King and folk like him to do what we should be doing ourselves.

If Dave King walked away, the onus to fix things would be on us. I'm fine with that.

You seem to be hanging on to this notion that people are 'mature' if they agree or 'infantile' if they disagree, which to be honest is a bit annoying (I am not against fan ownership BTW).

Anyway good luck with your dream, but in the meantime I will hang my hat on something\someone tangible that has a chance of happening some time in the foreseeable future i.e. Dave King.

You seem to be hanging on to this notion that people are 'mature' if they agree or 'infantile' if they disagree, which to be honest is a bit annoying (I am not against fan ownership BTW).

Anyway good luck with your dream, but in the meantime I will hang my hat on something\someone tangible that has a chance of happening some time in the foreseeable future i.e. Dave King.

Just look at the sorry state of play with regard to fan groups and the RFFF. There is a complete absence of maturity and behaviour that would shame a five year-old.

There's too much posturing, too many personal vendettas, too little diplomacy, an absence of constructive dialogue, too much bitchiness and too many threats.

The Rangers support has looked to figures like SDM for so long that it has become dysfunctional and needlessly splintered. It hasn't a clue how to deal with this ongoing crisis and it is to political sophistication what Celtic is to good sportsmanship.

This is what happens when all hope is invested in an SDM or a Dave King. Decades of taking no responsibility for the club have brought us to here. This situation can be repaired, but while we plead for saviours, a fix will likely remain a long way off.

Just look at the sorry state of play with regard to fan groups and the RFFF. There is a complete absence of maturity and behaviour that would shame a five year-old.

There's too much posturing, too many personal vendettas, too little diplomacy, an absence of constructive dialogue, too much bitchiness and too many threats.

The Rangers support has looked to figures like SDM for so long that it has become dysfunctional and needlessly splintered. It hasn't a clue how to deal with this ongoing crisis and it is to political sophistication what Celtic is to good sportsmanship.

This is what happens when all hope is invested in an SDM or a Dave King. Decades of taking no responsibility for the club have brought us to here. This situation can be repaired, but while we plead for saviours, a fix will likely remain a long way off.

I agree with what you say about the factions among the support, but if you think King or Murray etc are to blame for that then you are way off the mark.

I agree with what you say about the factions among the support, but if you think King or Murray etc are to blame for that then you are way off the mark.

It's not the fault of King or Murray. The problem lies with us for growing too dependent on them.