I'd say that NARSA and VB are polar opposites of the support and to suggest that there's a concerted campaign seems extremely far-fetched.

Absolutely. It is far removed from the original reasons for the contributions. The fact that the it was even felt to be considered throws the committee's judgment into question.

Although we all have feelings about it, the case is effectively a civil one that doesn't involve the club. I would have been happy to contribute to it personally but it has NOTHING to do with RFFF and as such the cash cannot be used for it.

And that may well have been the decision of the majority. But the original aims of the RFFF are no longer valid at some point decisions will have to be made. Seems sensible to me that they are voted on.

I do agree on vb and NARSA and I suspect vb wish they had kept their mouths shut now as they have only really devalued the NARSA statement which carries decent weight for sure.

But it really comes down to this what makes your view on disposal of our money better than mine? Nothing I can really see and the only way to settle it is a vote.

As I say if they had just gone ahead with this I would be apoplectic despite my yes vote.

The RFFF should change and become more open, it seems everything is a big secret.

I don't think so really, cb.

RFFF was a sort of knee jerk reaction thing and a result of the times.

The governance and policy seem to have been largely overlooked but they are essential factors in the proper running of a trust or an organisation or whatever.

It's not too late to revisit all that, but talk of block votes is unhelpful in the extreme.

This should be about Rangers.

Here we go with another opportunity to unite everyone.

Will we take it?

If I invested money in this, then a majority voted to use the money for altogether different means, that would hardly be fair. They can't just change what the money is intended for even if a majority does agree.

What else will they do now. The original aims are impossible.

This whole RFFF thing is a complete mess , a mess that only Rangers fans could get themselves into , no matter what the money goes to there will be detractors , and amazingly if the people that said they put money to it actually did there would have been millions in the RFFF

Terrific statement, we can go on about votes but issue for me is that this should never have been considered

Agree and disagree.

The RFFF should never have entertained the idea of spending money on something far removed from its fundraising objective, but . . .

The NARSA statement is an abomination that is needlessly damaging, overly threatening, petty in the extreme and about as useful as another tax case against the club.

'Omnishambles' is a fairly new word.

It could have been invented just for us.

What would people say if a group raised money for cancer victims then gave it to drug addicts. This may be an extreme example but the principle is the same, you can't raise money for one cause then give it to another or you are conning the contributers.