MICHAEL MOLS has challenged the Rangers board to prove they regard the club as more than just a cash cow to be milked dry and insists a number of former players are waiting in the wings to provide an international scouting network on the cheap.

The 43-year-old Dutchman - who played up front for the Ibrox side in a more prosperous era between 1999 and 2004 - travelled to Gayfield to watch the weekend's 2-1 SPFL League 1 victory over Arbroath and revealed that an ex-players' collective is ready to help reconstruct a now nonexistent element of the infrastructure at their former employers.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rangers-can-call-on-international-rescue-mols.23828999

I don't have access to the full article.

Former Rangers hero Michael Mols insisted an army of ex-Ibrox players are ready to provide Ally McCoist with a worldwide scouting network on the cheap.

McCoist has already described the absence of a scouting system at the financially-stricken club as ‘unacceptable’ as he prepares for life in the Championship with the newly-crowned League One winners.

But Mols, who took in Saturday’s 2-1 victory at Arbroath, revealed that a global collective of Light Blue icons like himself would be willing to offer their services in keeping an eye on foreign markets.

McCoist’s planning for next season has hit a major hitch as he awaits the outcome of chief executive Graham Wallace’s 120-day review into the club and the production of a financial blueprint by the under-fire board - while tycoon Dave King waits in the wings with a potential £50million investment.

But Dutchman Mols insisted there was a ‘simple’ solution to McCoist’s scouting woes at least. ‘There are so many ex-Rangers players all over the world,’ he said. ‘For instance, you have Claudio Reyna in America, Arthur Numan, Bert Konterman and Ronald de Boer in Holland, Lorenzo Amoruso in Italy.

‘You can use these contacts better if you need some players. They can look for players or provide information if the club wants to know something about a player. I know more about the Dutch market and Lorenzo knows the Italian players more than anyone else.

‘Use the contacts and all the former players will be eager to give something back to the club. Would these former players want to be involved? Without a doubt. No problem.

Everybody is eager to help. The Dutch guys always meet up for Legends games and we had a tournament in Moscow recently where we saw the likes of Jorg Albertz, Rino Gattuso and Pedro Mendes.

‘(We) always talk about the club and the situation. It’s true we reminisce, but there is a certain kind of bond that exists. You have the same history with the club. Once a Rangers, always a Ranger,’ said Mols, who played up front for the Ibrox side in the cash-rich days of the Dick Advocaat era.

Despite admitting to some difficulty in understanding the complexity of his old club’s situation, Mols expressed his doubts over the motives of the current board and demanded greater clarity on finances for the fans.

‘The only thing I hope for is that the people in charge - or those who are going to be in charge - have the right intentions,’ he said. ‘I have the strange feeling they are just trying to make money instead of bringing Rangers back to where they belong.

‘It is better to be open so the fans and other people don’t have too many questions. There are just too many questions right now and no answers.

‘It is difficult to understand because I am in Holland and do not have all the information. But not even the Scottish supporters know what is really happening, and that is a shame for a club as big as Rangers

I knew the club would have to start over from the bottom, but the situation is not really improving after two years. That is the strangest thing.’

Mols said he knew King from the tycoon’s time in the boardroom at Ibrox, but warned it would take more than finance alone to return Rangers to a position of power.

‘I remember him (King) but I don’t know him personally,’ said Mols. ‘I know he is a Rangers man and I hope he has the right intentions for the club. An investment would be a start but it’s not just to do with money. It has to do with getting the right players, giving players time to develop and bringing the team to a higher level

Albertz has said in the press before that he was willing to get involved in this aspect for Rangers. Also remember Laudrup was getting spoken about taking on an ambassadors role for the club - although this was a Chuck 'moonbeam'!

There's another two players who could possibly help in this area!