Some sort of membership scheme if a great idea - but I won't be signing up to one with this board.

I also agree a membership scheme is a good way of raising funds from fans that otherwise may not be able to buy a season ticket or other merchandise.

However, there's a big difference between asking for glorified donations and a scheme that gives fans a greater say in how the club is run.

Here's another idea. For every extra pound the fans raise, the board have to match it via acquired investment of their own.

I also agree a membership scheme is a good way of raising funds from fans that otherwise may not be able to buy a season ticket or other merchandise.

However, there's a big difference between asking for glorified donations and a scheme that gives fans a greater say in how the club is run.

Here's another idea. For every extra pound the fans raise, the board have to match it via acquired investment of their own.

Did Merlin not also say BPH were going to invest £50m?

thats better but still not equitable. the fans get no shares the board do.

if they want extra cash let them have a share issue.

I wouldn't volunteer an extra cent to Rangers - not under the present circumstances where the board burns money like there is no tomorrow.

I do agree though that those fans who are eager to pay whatever the club asks should be given the opportunity to do so. If we have fans prepared to pay £50 for a £25 ticket, their cash should be gratefully received.

Let's face it - some fans try to justify admission prices no matter how high they go. This will be an opportunity for them to be as generous with their cash as they expect others - on more limited means - to be.

thats better but still not equitable. the fans get no shares the board do.

if they want extra cash let them have a share issue.

Of course a share issue would be the most suitable way for everyone to invest equally. However, what I was (empirically) suggesting was that the other investment is delivered with no strings attached either. Though we both know the chances of that happening are nil which is why McMurdo's scheme is rather fanciful.