Gersnet Analysis: Sir Davie McFly and Short-termism

Is Smith here til the end of the season or for 3 years?... ive heard both.

If he's here for more than this season then i doubt he will carry on as Scotland manager full time. Maybe he'll switch role's with Mr Burns, not the guy from the simpsons.

Yesterday the gossip was the McCoist would be manager, with Smith being here for 6 months to help him out. But today it looks like Smith will be the main man which makes sense and DM can't afford to take any huge risks just now.

I agreed with most of what Ascender wrote too, apart from the 'feeling sorry for Le Guen' part

I dont feel sorry for him at all .... from what i witnessed of his stint in charge, he just hadn't prepared himself at all for Scottish football, and strolled in with some typical french arrogance, ignoring a lot of Scottish and Rangers traditions along the way. He really didn't do his homework, and if someone came in for a job interview without preparing, would you feel sorry for them if they didn't get the job and/or failed in it?

Nope, so that is my take on it!

PS I really hope Smith stays on with Scotland as a part time manager as I'd hate to see all his good work go to waste just as we've got our credibility back.

Yeah agreed (all his good work go to waste) but i dont know if he can continue the good work in a part time basis only. That would mean himself, Tommy Burns and McCoist (if he continued with Scotland aswell) all in dual roles with clubs. That cant be good at all.

Papers today saying that they'd like Walter to continue until the end of the Euro qualifying, then step aside, which makes sense I guess.

It makes sense from a Scotland point of view, but from our point of view I'd rather he was concentrating fully on our team.

Guest Bluetooth
It makes sense from a Scotland point of view, but from our point of view I'd rather he was concentrating fully on our team.

I'm a big Scotland fan but if Wattie is going to come to us then he should come 100%

It will upset a lot of the country but these people hate us anyway so bollox to them.

I'm a big Scotland fan but if Wattie is going to come to us then he should come 100%

It will upset a lot of the country but these people hate us anyway so bollox to them.

I was thinking that too ..... it will just give the papers another reason to write bollocks about Rangers!!