hope they can stave of liquidation.

If Scottish football is to ever improve we need all the bigger teams to thrive. Both Edinburgh clubs, Aberdeen, Dundee United etc all need to improve massively to make this healthy competition. The better the league, the better we will get too.

Some job by St Mirren ,two down weren't they?

Go Steven Thompson!!

It could be an excellent league with Hearts, perhaps Dundee/Ross Co/St Mirren, Falkirk, possibly Dunfermline, the up and coming Ian Murray's Dumbarton, Livingston, QoS, Raith Rovs, certainly the most competitive in Scotland; we won't run away with it that's for sure.

If Scottish football is to ever improve we need all the bigger teams to thrive. Both Edinburgh clubs, Aberdeen, Dundee United etc all need to improve massively to make this healthy competition. The better the league, the better we will get too.

People don't like to admit it, but it's true. We need Hearts to recover and be strong.

People don't like to admit it, but it's true. We need Hearts to recover and be strong.

Completely agree, although I don't think it's going to be particularly easy for them. More than one season in the Championship will see their finances slipping and they could easily end up like other top flight teams who've gone down and struggled to get back up and stay up.

hope they can stave of liquidation.

I want them to survive, but a very interesting situation would develop if they were forced into a newco scenario because the SPFL would be forced to transfer their membership or leave them without a professional football league to play in. Assuming they had their membership transferred, then with the new single league body there would be a difficult situation for the SPFL trying to arrange appropriate sanctions and deciding where they would play. I think they would probably be allowed to stay in the Championship with points deductions or possibly relegated to the 3rd tier, but I can't imagine them being forced to start at the bottom like we were.

I want them to survive, but a very interesting situation would develop if they were forced into a newco scenario because the SPFL would be forced to transfer their membership or leave them without a professional football league to play in. Assuming they had their membership transferred, then with the new single league body there would be a difficult situation for the SPFL trying to arrange appropriate sanctions and deciding where they would play. I think they would probably be allowed to stay in the Championship with points deductions or possibly relegated to the 3rd tier, but I can't imagine them being forced to start at the bottom like we were.

nor should they be imho. that was a total fuck up by Scottish football we should learn from it.