That sounds like a terrific future business model for a club that went bankrupt!

The club never went bankrupt. The oldco which ran the club got put into a liquidation process which it is still in. The club was transferred from oldco to newco and it's history continued. The SFA, UEFA & FIFA all recognise this

Sidenote: it is anyone's guess how much is needed to take us back into the top tier and Europe. There won't be glory on that front for some time to come and we know that as well as King or Ashley. That said, a half decent run in the CL and its group stages earns you 10 to 15m these days, even more in the future perhaps. Plus any income Ashley might get more from Sports Direct advertisement et al. He sure has a better chance with us right now than Newcastle for years to come. And maybe the Magpies' support think differently about it, but there's essentially next to no chance that some sheikh or Russian oil baron will snatch them up and guide them to greater glory in the next few years. Or anyone else for that matter. They will remain the Motherwells and St. Johnstones of their EPL and do well to stay consistently away from relegation.

Anyone who wants us back on top. Has 25 to 50 million to put in and wants nothing out.

No one is going to throw in that amount of money without getting a major say in the running of Rangers.

Cannot understand why anyone would oppose Ashley coming in. We'd be financially secure for starters and the easy money for under achievers would be a thing of the past

laughable stuff.

he wants to buy us. get us in the cl and make money out of it.

good luck to him.

Complete missed the point...

I didn't say he wanted to make a profit with us - I said it would allow him to promote his sports direct business on the European stage.

I don't believe this for a second and the daft article even explains why within it:

"Owning two clubs in the same competition is forbidden – which could give Ashley problems should both Toon and Rangers qualify for Europe."

I don't believe this for a second and the daft article even explains why within it:

"Owning two clubs in the same competition is forbidden – which could give Ashley problems should both Toon and Rangers qualify for Europe."

but its an open secret he wants to get out of Newcastle as long as he gets the price he wants .

but its an open secret he wants to get out of Newcastle as long as he gets the price he wants .

If being the operative word.

Honestly, why would he want to buy Rangers? There's no money to be made from it and chances of 'real' success are low unless we move to England or some sort of European league.

I just don't see what's in it for him. Does he have the same emotional connection someone like King has? I doubt it...

If being the operative word.

Honestly, why would he want to buy Rangers? There's no money to be made from it and chances of 'real' success are low unless we move to England or some sort of European league.

I just don't see what's in it for him. Does he have the same emotional connection someone like King has? I doubt it...

what may be in it for him as a business man is to take control of all the assets that come with the club this type of man speculates to accumulate