I'm not wanting to start an 'Ally bashing' thread as such as right now I don't think there is any point. We could argue all day about decisions, tactics etc.

After speaking to/texting all of my mates/family during/after the game yesterday it was clear than NONE of us wanted Ally to remain in charge. And a few of us were complete Ally defenders of late. Some may have been just a knee jerk reaction to the result I'm not sure.

Which led me to this, is there anyone that actually wants Ally to stay? And if so why?

The fear for me is if we don't make a change (summer would probably be the right time to do it) then we could face 2 seasons in the Championship. Teams like Dundee, Falkirk and Queen of the South are much better than Arbroath, Brechin and East Fife who we just sneaked wins against last month, and then there is the 3-3 with Stenhousemuir and 1-1 with Albion Rovers at home recently also.

In the cold light of day, this seasons seems to end akin to last year's. We run out of steam, slower, but equally steadily. That said, the main aim has been secured, the rest is a "bonus", albeit a mighty one. The team has become used to "pedestrian" and low quality footie and regularly fails to raise themselve enough to get a result of late. (Even though half of those out there yesterday came straight from the treatment table and had not trained all week.) And that is as much down to the players as it is down to the management and the lack of leadership on the park.

It is very much open whether Ally gets a new contract, but despite all our despair, in the said cold light of day the team has been undefeated in 40 (FOURTY) games beforehand. And while I expect quite a few to scoff at that, it remains a fact and no mean feat. We strolled to the title and reached the two main targets on our way back with essentially an AU to spare. On paper. We are not talking about a manager who did not win a single home game in 2014 or lost 7 on the trott here, the main reasons why managers get the sack. So while you would want a major shake up at the top, I reckon that Ally won't get the sack or no new contract based on performance levels on the park, probably much to our dismay.

In the cold light of day, this seasons seems to end akin to last year's. We run out of steam, slower, but equally steadily. That said, the main aim has been secured, the rest is a "bonus", albeit a mighty one. The team has become used to "pedestrian" and low quality footie and regularly fails to raise themselve enough to get a result of late. (Even though half of those out there yesterday came straight from the treatment table and had not trained all week.) And that is as much down to the players as it is down to the management and the lack of leadership on the park.

It is very much open whether Ally gets a new contract, but despite all our despair, in the said cold light of day the team has been undefeated in 40 (FOURTY) games beforehand. And while I expect quite a few to scoff at that, it remains a fact and no mean feat. We strolled to the title and reached the two main targets on our way back with essentially an AU to spare. On paper. We are not talking about a manager who did not win a single home game in 2014 or lost 7 on the trott here, the main reasons why managers get the sack. So while you would want a major shake up at the top, I reckon that Ally won't get the sack or no new contract based on performance levels on the park, probably much to our dismay.

The reasons for replacing Ally are simple.

He was incapable of taking us to the last level, let alone the next one.

And as regards SPFL and European football, it's way beyond the management team's competence.

That is not my opinion by the way.

It's the truth.

this is going to be painful to say, but I think it's time for Ally to move on unless we beat Dundee Utd next week and the reason for my change of heart is as follows: if you can't motivate your team for a cup final, then when can you?

Say what you like about the yellow-toothed bigot across the city, but he has got his team motivated week after week for a competition that was won before the first ball was kicked.

For me, a staunch supporter of McCoist since he took charge, the next game is about his job. And I still hope to god that he makes me eat my words as he did so often in the 1990s.

this is going to be painful to say, but I think it's time for Ally to move on unless we beat Dundee Utd next week and the reason for my change of heart is as follows: if you can't motivate your team for a cup final, then when can you?

Say what you like about the yellow-toothed bigot across the city, but he has got his team motivated week after week for a competition that was won before the first ball was kicked.

For me, a staunch supporter of McCoist since he took charge, the next game is about his job. And I still hope to god that he makes me eat my words as he did so often in the 1990s.

Beating Dundee Utd will really make the past 2-3 years of terrible football ok?

It is very much open whether Ally gets a new contract, but despite all our despair, in the said cold light of day the team has been undefeated in 40 (FOURTY) games beforehand. And while I expect quite a few to scoff at that, it remains a fact and no mean feat.

Perhaps it is no mean feat, but there was little pressure in many of these games. When it came to must win games, such as yesterday, We have been found wanting on many occasions.

I've not been one to criticise Ally but continuous poor performances in cup competitions suggests he does not have motivational skills.