Has he not already spoken to the SFA and they said him passing wouldn't be an issue? Has anyone ever failed their test? It doesn't seem to really have any criteria given the characters that have passed it.

It has a strict criteria which I have posted many times before and the fact that they made such a mess of dealing with Whyte will ensure that they don't screw up again.

Regan denied any such agreement.

Are they likely to stop anyone from ploughing money into Scottish football though?

Perhaps.

Possibly not.

If someone was to walk up the steps of Hampden with a briefcase full of money and offer to build half a dozen football academies I'm sure that not only would it be accepted but his or her name would be up in lights.

at worst king wont be able to be a director.

won't change his plans one bit i expect.

You may well be right; but if I was investing that amount of money I'd want to be a director or at least have someone in there on my behalf (which is also restricted), wouldn't you?

At this moment and time (and actually for years now), all I want is the club standing on a sound financial basis and living within its means (even if that means that we easily outspend anyone else in the league - if we can). If that is being done by a well-working board or one single owner is - right now - just a secondary thing.

Ideally, you'd have a King character providing financial stability (sic!), and then a well run club with ST and other income being utilized for running it on a normal basis. Add to that a membership scheme that allows fans having a say in certain matters, maybe buying up shares from the owner(s) too, and off we go. Simples, aye?