Lifted from FF:

PSN: geothebutcher

Default Message From Richard Gough

Hey guys. I see my agreeing to be a trustee to Dave Kings idea is causing a lot of discussion.I have hated seeing the club I love go through this turmoil over the last 3years. I did literally sweat blood and tears for the club and it is my opinion that I think this is the best way forward. People must do what they want to do and I am not holding a gun to their head telling them what to do. I personally think this is the right way forward as the people who have been in charge over the last 3 years have been a disgrace.We need to find another way and not let these con men take your money and throw it away. I will do anything in my power to get our club back where it belongs even if it means making a bold decision like I have taken today. I have our clubs best interests at heart.

via his Facebook page

I wonder who typed that statement for him? Guff's reputation would suggest that payment is likely to be involved.

I want the ownership of the club to change.

I do however have concerns about King if he becomes the club's owner. Would Walter Smith return as a director? Would Richard Gough be given a job? Would Ally and his staff remain in position? Would Martin Bain return?

I want a Rangers future where the names of the past remain in the past. I want a clean break from the previous era.

I want a new look board, a new look coaching staff and a new look team.

I'd love to cleanse the club from top to bottom.

I'm most certainly on the boards side here,as King has (in the past) been found to be a compulsive liar.

Regarding your comment about Dave King supposedly being a "compulsive liar", do you have actual verifiable and definitive proof of this or is it based on comments from South African tax and legal authorities which are rife with widespread in-house corruption and fraud?

I want the ownership of the club to change.

I do however have concerns about King if he becomes the club's owner. Would Walter Smith return as a director? Would Richard Gough be given a job? Would Ally and his staff remain in position? Would Martin Bain return?

I want a Rangers future where the names of the past remain in the past. I want a clean break from the previous era.

I want a new look board, a new look coaching staff and a new look team.

Again Hildy, you succinctly tackle the issues at hand. There's questions open regarding King but the current situation is so abhorrent that he seems not worth a second thought. His SA issues and previous involvement with the cantankerous DM are worries, but what is the other option? This is so slight at King, I have the utmost respect for him but his track record has to still be considered.

In an ideal world I would like to see us run by a foreign CEO with foreign coaches. Going foreign doesn't guarantee success, but the likes of Germany, Spain and Italy have far more qualified coaches than the UK, have far more insight, and we ultimately need to rid ourselves of the jobs for the boys culture and anything to do with Walter Smith. As great as Walter was domestically, we need to rediscover ourselves and play a modern brand of football. Nobody wants to see the route 1 negative 1980's Scottish football we have become synonymous with.

You have to wonder who it is that cheers the players at Ibrox.

Davie Cooper was my first hero (well, actually it was Jim Bett - I thought he was on a different planet passing wise, but he sodded off) and we're told (by Spiers, admittedly) that we used to shout abuse at him for being lazy.

Then Terry Butcher came and turned what was a chore into a dream. He is now treated as a leper by some.

Sandy Jardine was apparently not Mr Popular until his illness.

McCoist must be slated because he does charity work for Sciaf.

Now Gough is a money grabbing so and so.

There's dB, Darther and Brahim, all of whom for various reasons are willing to tolerate the board. Intelligent guys with coherently argued views (not that I agree with them). Then there's the yappy wee dugs who are called out whenever anything board related is in the news. It's not hard to spot the difference and it's not easy to resist the obvious conclusion that some people are working to order.

Maybe, to rest my suspicious mind, they could stand up at the game this weekend and let us know, in loud voices, what they think of all these (and, no doubt, many other) turncoat lickspittle former Ibrox heroes. I'd love to see the reception - who knows, maybe they are right!

Picking sides?

The board is more damaged than Maria Miller MP but it will still have the support of fans who perceive themselves to be faultlessly loyal. They would back the board if it consisted of George Galloway, Jack McConnell, Alex Salmond and the Yorkshire Ripper. They don't allow themselves the luxury of contemplation. They will back the board come hell or high water.

Then there's the revolutionaries. Just sack the board. Who cares what comes later - just sack the board.

Enter the King Loyalists; a new man to bow down to, a reason to doff the cap, tug the forelock and hang on his every word. Oh, and he has Richard Gough on his side so he must be the real deal. Mustn't he?

Politicians speak about the electorate being sophisticated, but they were surely excluding us. Sadly, we're far from being sophisticated, and we're even further from being an electorate.

Picking sides?

The board is more damaged than Maria Miller MP but it will still have the support of fans who perceive themselves to be faultlessly loyal. They would back the board if it consisted of George Galloway, Jack McConnell, Alex Salmond and the Yorkshire Ripper. They don't allow themselves the luxury of contemplation. They will back the board come hell or high water.

Then there's the revolutionaries. Just sack the board. Who cares what comes later - just sack the board.

Enter the King Loyalists; a new man to bow down to, a reason to doff the cap, tug the forelock and hang on his every word. Oh, and he has Richard Gough on his side so he must be the real deal. Mustn't he?

Politicians speak about the electorate being sophisticated, but they were surely excluding us. Sadly, we're far from being sophisticated, and we're even further from being an electorate.

Hildy, I think sack the board, just sack the board is a pretty fair attitude to have. I can't recall a competent board in my life time, and I imagine this will go on for many, many years.