Hildy, I think sack the board, just sack the board is a pretty fair attitude to have. I can't recall a competent board in my life time, and I imagine this will go on for many, many years.

Much as I want to see change at Ibrox, I watched Murray leaving and told those who wanted him gone that an even worse period could follow, but their mission was uncompromising: get Murray out.

I want this board removed too, but I am concerned that when change comes it will be an anti-climax and the wrong way to proceed.

'Sack the board' is only half the answer. If the other half is Smith, Gough and Bain swanning around the place, it will be no answer at all.

We need lasting solutions to our problems, not temporary ones.

What happens if the fans follow King, and put their cash in the trust/account. His then forces the entire board to resign. Firstly, does that not mean that the Nominated advisor has to put someone in place?

What if King get ultimate power, puts his own board in place & absolutely nothing changes. What will the perma-peaved members of the fan base do then - call for the board to be replaced....call for an end of single ownership etc.

Where/when does it all end??? Should the fans be allowed to elect the board??? Again what if there's someone they don't like??? We end up with perpetual turmoil.....

Much as I want to see change at Ibrox, I watched Murray leaving and told those who wanted him gone that an even worse period could follow, but their mission was uncompromising: get Murray out.

I want this board removed too, but I am concerned that when change comes it will be an anti-climax and the wrong way to proceed.

'Sack the board' is only half the answer. If the other half is Smith, Gough and Bain swanning around the place, it will be no answer at all.

We need lasting solutions to our problems, not temporary ones.

David Murray was a cancer. Of that there is no doubt. Our views are practically identical Hildy, but that man was an absolute bastard. The fact that we've attracted similarly reprehensible characters since doesn't redeem him.

David Murray was a cancer. Of that there is no doubt. Our views are practically identical Hildy, but that man was an absolute bastard. The fact that we've attracted similarly reprehensible characters since doesn't redeem him.

I'm not suggesting that we suddenly look kindly on SDM, but in our haste to see him go, the not so small matter of who would replace him was left to chance.

We can write long lists of people that we don't want, but at some point we have to put forward workable alternatives, and we are notoriously bad at doing so.

Football fans are quick to show dissent but very poor at offering and endorsing better ways forward.

I'm not suggesting that we suddenly look kindly on SDM, but in our haste to see him go, the not so small matter of who would replace him was left to chance.

We can write long lists of people that we don't want, but at some point we have to put forward workable alternatives, and we are notoriously bad at doing so.

Football fans are quick to show dissent but very poor at offering and endorsing better ways forward.

At the end of the day we don't hold any influence whatsoever on who is governing us, unless we adopt a somewhat draconian measure like King is suggesting. You and I could find a group of like minded individuals to find a possible future but so what? We have no collateral so c'est la vie.

PS - To answer your point more directly, what relevance does it have if we suggest a good plan? Who the fuck is going to listen? Don't mean to get aggressive with you as you are one of the good guys but its a valid question to your point

At the end of the day we don't hold any influence whatsoever on who is governing us, unless we adopt a somewhat draconian measure like King is suggesting. You and I could find a group of like minded individuals to find a possible future but so what? We have no collateral so c'est la vie.

PS - To answer your point more directly, what relevance does it have if we suggest a good plan? Who the fuck is going to listen? Don't mean to get aggressive with you as you are one of the good guys but its a valid question to your point

No-one needs to listen to or act on advice offered when they own enough of the club to do as they please.

I watched David Murray stage-manage AGMs because he didn't want the hassle of having to answer pertinent questions, so they became farcical and valueless.

I want a democratic and accountable club, but it will never happen while ownership is left to chance and the door is held open for people like Craig Whyte to stroll through and put140 years of history at risk within weeks of taking control.

At the moment, we're moving from quicksand to quicksand instead of aiming for dry land.

Fan ownership is dry land. Random ownership is a death warrant, and time will prove it.

As things stand, I expect Rangers to falter again in the future until eventually it can no longer be saved. Another 142 years of history is completely out of the question. It will not happen unless the club comes under the protection of its own fanbase.

Right now, we can only hope for a brighter future.

Only when we are in a position to deliver it will it actually happen.

What happens if the fans follow King, and put their cash in the trust/account. His then forces the entire board to resign. Firstly, does that not mean that the Nominated advisor has to put someone in place?

What if King get ultimate power, puts his own board in place & absolutely nothing changes. What will the perma-peaved members of the fan base do then - call for the board to be replaced....call for an end of single ownership etc.

Where/when does it all end??? Should the fans be allowed to elect the board??? Again what if there's someone they don't like??? We end up with perpetual turmoil.....

So we should keep the status quo on the assumption that a new board may just be as bad as the present one?

Aren't we in perpetual turmoil at the moment as it is?