Steven Simonsen@SteveSimmoGK 1h

Ive taken the unfortunate decision that as of 5pm tomorrow this account will be deleted,I won't accept mindless abuse of my family & son.1/2

I understand this spoils things for the thousands of genuine fans & followers out there, but I will not accept the idiots who resort,

To abusing someone's family & particularly children, thankyou to everyone I've interacted with over the years!!! Met some wonderful people!

My Son comes on twitter to follow his heroes including his dad, & ends up having idiots abusing him. He's 11 years old.. His first ever

Trip to ibrox to watch his dad ends up with him receiving abuse because I included him in a tweet, I'm sorry but I'm not tolerating it!

The faceless internet means that there is no evidence that these tweets were by genuine Rangers fans.

He'll probably have been getting a mixture of vitriol from both our own morons and those of the obsessed, Rangers-hating, Rangers-trolling persuasion.

Up until now, I've been a staunch defender of internet freedom.

Particularly in the case of Twitter, I sometimes doubt this, and think a "Twitter license" is a good idea.

Some people don't deserve the freedom that the internet brings.

I'm convinced they will eventually spoil it for us all.

The faceless internet means that there is no evidence that these tweets were by genuine Rangers fans.

Well, he could obviously ask the police to look into the matter, so they burn a few of these naughty fingers (for good). When you look into the Cup game thread and the pics taken by the seat-rippers, you note that some folk are utterly oblivious to the consequences of their deeds ... and those who can watch/see them.

Police Scotland reporting that a large number of smartphones were stolen on Saturday afternoon. It is believed that all these smartphone were logged into various social networks at the time.

Seriously, why would anyone bring the guys 11-year old into things....