you could employ 10 people on minimum wage to do the job.

We should just have a full-time kit man earning 30 to 40 grand a year and hire agency coach drivers when they're required.

On second thoughts, hiring agency coach drivers is a terrible idea because driving our team buses is a job for a trustworthy Rangers fan.

No reason why we couldn't hire a fan as full-time coach driver on £25-30k and pay a fan a similar salary for the kit man position.

Some of the staff salaries are frightening, but I think maybe the kit man/coach driver + assistant/son salaries are being slightly misinterpreted because we don't know how many hours these guys work in a year. It's entirely possible that they average significantly more hours in a year than a normal 9 to 5 position, possibly as much as 60-70 hours a week.

Having said that, I'm not defending the kit man's salary or the Club's overall salary structure because it is indeed obscene considering the Club's financial position and everything which has happened.

The CEO of Scottish Enterprise currently earns £200,000 p/a while we've had CEOs recently earning three, four and five times that much depending on whether you count their bonuses and/or pay-offs or not.

The Chief Financial Officer of Scottish Enterprise currently earns £120,000 p/a while we were paying Brian Stockbridge almost twice as much.

No wonder our Club's still in the financial shitter.

£180,000 a year for a kit man and assistant is inexcusable, farcical and completely unjustifiable.

The club is behaving like a private club for a privileged few while the rest fund inflated salaries by buying season tickets, participating in share issues and purchasing merchandise.

There is no justification for this. It is a disgrace.

£180,000 a year for a kit man and assistant is inexcusable, farcical and completely unjustifiable.

Completely agree, but it's not fair to just focus on the kit man & his son when almost the whole Club's salary structures appear to be recklessly extravagant.

As I said in post #47 it's the legacy of David Murray's profligate ways and something which should have been rectified long before now, preferably by the administrators two years ago.

Sadly, Duff & Phelps did virtually nothing to help get our Club back on the right track like administrators are supposed to do and we're left with a business which is a legacy of Murray's European football dreams, irresponsible pay scales and excessive spending.

I strongly suspect that this type of ridiculous salary is restricted to the football side of the Club and perhaps some of the senior execs; I very much doubt if the hard working foot soldiers in the ticket office for example are on £20,000 a year never mind £120,000. Of course none of them probably double shifts as a bus driver, well not for Rangers anyway.

I strongly suspect that this type of ridiculous salary is restricted to the football side of the Club and perhaps some of the senior execs; I very much doubt if the hard working foot soldiers in the ticket office for example are on £20,000 a year never mind £120,000. Of course none of them probably double shifts as a bus driver, well not for Rangers anyway.

Even £20k to sit in a ticket office is an exceptional salary mate. I would be very surprised if it was that high tbh.

Completely agree, but it's not fair to just focus on the kit man & his son when almost the whole Club's salary structures appear to be recklessly extravagant.

As I said in post #47 it's the legacy of David Murray's profligate ways and something which should have been rectified long before now, preferably by the administrators two years ago.

Sadly, Duff & Phelps did virtually nothing to help get our Club back on the right track like administrators are supposed to do and we're left with a business which is a legacy of Murray's European football dreams, irresponsible pay scales and excessive spending.

I have no wish to personalise this and I certainly don't blame those in position for accepting salaries at this generous level, but the fact remains that we have already suffered a traumatic financial event and are now borrowing money to stave off another.

There is no excuse, no matter who started this, to continue to pay out £180,000 a year for these jobs. The buck stops with the current regime. They cannot duck it.