Murray Park diet getting to Gallagher?

I would bet the vast majority would know what is required for a modern footballer , on talksport last Tuesday , they had the West Ham head Chef , who also happens to be Englands head chef , he was talking about the logistics of this world cup , but he did talk about diets and the myth that carbs were bad , very very interesting

Most athletes take high carb diets.

So call me cynical but I was under the impression the whole 'footballers tweeting/instagramming/facebooking at Nandos' was a PR thing they were being paid to do. In fact I'm almost positive it is.

That aside I'm not sure why Calscot is getting so much stick, as franchise chain restaurants go Nandos isn't too bad. We supporters make too much about the players diets, the players weight, strength, speed, body mass, heart rate and red blood count are checked regularly. Any deviation or deterioration is noticed and can be dealt with.

So call me cynical but I was under the impression the whole 'footballers tweeting/instagramming/facebooking at Nandos' was a PR thing they were being paid to do. In fact I'm almost positive it is.

That aside I'm not sure why Calscot is getting so much stick, as franchise chain restaurants go Nandos isn't too bad. We supporters make too much about the players diets, the players weight, strength, speed, body mass, heart rate and red blood count are checked regularly. Any deviation or deterioration is noticed and can be dealt with.

Whilst slating Nando's in favour of more "gourmet" food, Calscot then went onto educate us poor nutrition morons about the values of eating chicken and low fat/low carb sauce.

Personally I don't eat at Nando's because they support the gruesome practice of "halal" slaughter but I can see the attraction otherwise. The point myself and others were making though wasn't necessarily specific to Nando's but that Cal Gallagher looked a bit on the beefy side. If it was commented that he should "lay off the pies" would we now be dissecting the nutritional merits of Greggs?

That's nonsense. Bad conditioning and diet is part of the reason our club and nation hardly develop any good players. It's not like our players are even that fit. Scotland have regularly looked way off the pace in the qualifiers in the past 20 years and we struggle to get near the opposition in Europe.

That said, I think Calscot has a tendency to try and get a reaction from people and that has worked here.

That's nonsense. Bad conditioning and diet is part of the reason our club and nation hardly develop any good players. It's not like our players are even that fit. Scotland have regularly looked way off the pace in the qualifiers in the past 20 years and we struggle to get near the opposition in Europe.

That said, I think Calscot has a tendency to try and get a reaction from people and that has worked here.

I disagree, poor tactics and lack of skill are the reason Scotland can't produce great players. Getting players very fit has never been a problem for us. The poor diet only really becomes an issue in later life, most people, particularly young athletes can eat practically anything and get away with it, they burn so much off every day. It'll take its toll when they turn 40 mind.

The point myself and others were making though wasn't necessarily specific to Nando's but that Cal Gallagher looked a bit on the beefy side. If it was commented that he should "lay off the pies" would we now be dissecting the nutritional merits of Greggs?

Calscot was responding to the comment "He would be an absolute flier if he got off the Nando's then!". He wasn't responding to someone saying "He would be an absolute flier if he got off the flame grilled piri-piri chicken". :D

You think Scottish players are in as good physical condition as German, Spanish, Argentinian, Italian etc :shock:?

Bad diet (and the drink culture) is very much a key factor in why we are so poor.

100% with you on this, can't believe anyone would argue against it.