Murray Park diet getting to Gallagher?

I don't agree with every word, but calscot does make a fair point in that Nandos isn't actually an unhealthy place to eat. It's not as if they deep fry their chicken like KFC or similar fried chicken joints, so you'd have to be munching mountains of chips or other unhealthy fried items from their menu before it would become an unhealthy place to eat.

I see where this is going.

I think the insinuation is that I can't get a game at left midfield for Rangers because I have had too many KFCs.

I would rather believe that it's because I'm 61, and, despite an abundant desire to fight for the cause, didn't quite manage to synchronise physical condition and a football brain.

The physical condition I had into my mid twenties.

The football brain unfortunately came much later on.

But go ahead, blame it on KFC.

You think Scottish players are in as good physical condition as German, Spanish, Argentinian, Italian etc :shock:?

Bad diet (and the drink culture) is very much a key factor in why we are so poor.

No, I disagree. Top Scottish players are just as fit as top players from any country, fitness isn't the issue it's the style and way we teach and play football. Hardly any Scottish players smoke for example, it's so rare that when you discover one does it's remarked upon. Yet Italian, Spanish, French and South American players are often smokers.

There was a thread on here earlier this week, an article from a former Rangers Youth player bemoaning the lack of graduates from a Rangers youth side that competed with Barcelona at that age group. One of the points he makes is that Rangers and Scottish football in general prefers and develops the bigger, stronger, fitter boys over the smaller physically less strong but potentially more skilful players. I'm sorry, but this belief that fitness and strength are lacking in our game is part of what's wrong with the sport in Scotland. Our players are plenty fit, they lack professionalism in other areas though. That's the problem.

Just like to add a point regarding Nando's. Our professional Boxers in the UK tend to eat here a lot. Granted a lot of that time will be post weigh in but quite a lot of the time it is also outwith weigh in time or before/during camp.

So what then? They are allowed as they put the work in?

A prime example is Anthony Joshua, nando's regular. Google him is you don't know who he is and you tell me if the nando's diet is doing him any harm.

And I can pretty much bet that those who aren't spotted/tweeted/facebooked at nando's will be sitting at home with their families on a Saturday night with a Chinese/indian/pizza lets not kid ourselves here.