Tonights Rangersfirst meeting 14/04/2014

Just back from this meeting at the Louden tonight , it lasted just over 3 hours and had approx 40 in attendance ,before I start , this was the first meeting of the group I had been to so I had no preconceived ideas as to what to expect .

The meeting opened and Richard Atkinson ran through the entire history and aims and objectives of rangersfirst , why a CIC , what the positives were , how it worked etc etc , the entire first part of the meeting , infact the vast majority was being filmed and I believe it will be used when they make presentations to supporters clubs etc.It was very impressive and very professional , now in the past I have written about what I perceived was the apathy of the Rangers support , tonight totally changed my mind , I have never felt so optimistic as I did leaving the Louden in a long time .There was a section on how members should behave with regards to online arguments/debate which given the recent outbreaks on twitter and on certain sites brought everything perspective , this is 100% about Rangers , what peoples views are on , race , religion ,politics, gender , sexuality etc etc is their own business ,none of that matters all everyone was focusing on was Rangers , and to be honest it was a breath of fresh air.

There is still a long long way to go , but with over 1000 members after a very soft launch on social media , which includes over 100 taking the club 1872 £500 life memberships already signed up , I think in this present time when there is so much uncertainty , the problems we are facing both on and off the field , the 120 day review , the DK situation where fans are obviously waiting to see how it all transpires , over 1000 members is pretty good going , there will be a full launch via the msm soon , however the club announcing the 120 day review has thrown a spanner in the works regards that , there is also a slight issue with certain people who support rangersfirst not wanting to be seen rocking the boat with regards the club , but I am sure when the launch happens the rangers family will be delighted with what they see and hear.

Various supporters clubs have taken out the club1872 life membership and I was wondering if there is an appetite for this small free thinking forum to band together and take one out in the gersnet name , it could be held in one of the admins names .As I have already said I have taken a club1872 life membership out myself but would be more than happy to donate £25 to get it started , if there is a desire it might be something that we could continue even by donating a £1 or £2 each month into an account which goes into rangersfirst ,like I said its only an idea .

Finally massive thanks to WATP_Greg and his dad and all the staff at the Louden for their hospitality tonight , much appreciated.

An interesting idea, not sure if it's practical though unless Gersnet is a legal entity, Frankie would know.

What with the Louden and the dinner coming up, you may well get to Hollywood before me.

Haha , with regards to gersnet being a legal entity , a supporters clubs not a legal entity is it ??

I would think it is.

How so , dont see the difference to be honest , any membership we took out would be held in someones name on gersnets behalf , dont see a problem with that

I would imagine that most SC's have a constitution, members, committee, office bearers etc, I don't think that applies to Gersnet.

could it not just be held in someones name on behalf of the site then , cant be the biggest problem to overcome

could it not just be held in someones name on behalf of the site then , cant be the biggest problem to overcome

Possibly but not me; I'm holding the dinner money!

There are significant differences though; think about it - a LIFE membership. Also if it was monthly savings there would be sigificant admin. Not saying it's impossible but perhaps encouraging folks to join for a fiver a month is more practical.

Thanks for the report mate.

I'm open to discussing the site ownership suggestion but, if I'm honest, I don't think it's all that practical and I think people should do these things individually. I'm not overly comfortable accepting or representing money on anyone's behalf.

Edited by Frankie

It was just an idea , these things tend to pop into my head after ultra positive experiences , anyway for the avoidance of doubt I would strongly encourage anyone who reads this to go onto the rangersfirst site, http://www.rangersfirst.org/, read what its about and sign up , even for just a £5 a month less than 2 pints , if we can get weight of numbers to join up we will achieve something remarkable without having to wait on the DK,s to dig us out a hole . The possibilities on this are huge and well done to all those who have done so much great work getting this off the ground so quickly.

The one thing that this will be is, apolitical , it truly is all about the rangers , its not pro or anti any group or any faction , its 100% focused on the club and the only thing that you need be when you join up is a rangers fan , give it a go folks , this is the start of something I truly believe that.