The Rangers boardroom battle has been a wee bit like watching an old war movie of late.

Dave King is charging around the seas like a crazed Admiral, dropping depth charges and firing all guns blazing at HMS Rangers, the elusive submarine. Admiral King never seems to land a blow as the crew of HMS Rangers are always several steps ahead.

Every now and then HMS Rangers launches a quiet torpedo that blows yet another hole in King’s rebel ship.

Perhaps the killer blow came yesterday with a short statement from the club that, as planned all along, the 120 day review will be published and give skeptical fans an idea of where RFC is right now and what it has to do to get where it wants and needs to go.

Fans expecting a document that will magic away all problems Rangers faces and others expecting a breakdown of how many paper clips each department at Ibrox plans to use over the next twelve months will be disappointed.

These reviews are meant to give broad strokes, not minute details – at least the versions that will be on public display. Rangers being a plc means that the board is obligated to withhold certain information that may be price-sensitive in terms of share value.

There should, however, be enough in the review for the average fan to get a decent picture of what could be improved upon and how this new board will go about it.

If the board delivers this review on the 25th then it would only be reasonable to expect an apology from Dave King, who has raised anxiety levels unnecessarily recently by his pronouncements that the review would not come prior to the season ticket renewal deadline of May 6th. Particularly when King himself made it a contest between his own integrity and the board’s. Readers of my blog yesterday will be aware of the real integrity issue that fans have to mull over.

Cynics may be forgiven for thinking that Dave King is actually the board’s secret weapon. His interference in the boardroom saga has galvanised thousands of Gers fans into buying season tickets and taking a more aggressively anti-rebel stance. Some in the rebel camp are clearly squirming every time King makes a pronouncement these days.

Dave King is either the board’s secret weapon or he has kicked so many tyres it has damaged his brain. As a businessman he is only too aware of how preposterous the idea is that a responsible plc board would sign over its assets to customers – assets owned by the shareholders. It is arguable that AIM would block such lunacy if the board was daft enough to succumb to the proposal. And the very people proposing it accuse the board of emotional blackmail!

There will be a hardcore of rebels and other gullibles who will give the South Africans their season ticket. But I suspect that many who are threatening to will crumble and join the masses who will renew.

King will huff and puff and eventually head for home in his crippled ship while HMS Rangers will continue on its path back to glory.

Full speed ahead for the mighty ship Rangers.

Cynics may be forgiven for thinking that Dave King is actually the board’s secret weapon. His interference in the boardroom saga has galvanised thousands of Gers fans into buying season tickets and taking a more aggressively anti-rebel stance.

One does wonder if Bill ever notices the reaction that his blogs provoke.

Why does he state that Dave King is a South African? I live in South Africa (have done so for over 30 years) but still view myself as Scots and am more fanatical about my support for Rangers every passing day. Genuine question here, do Scotsmen living in Scotland believe that anyone in exile is no longer a Scot/has forfeited their birthright due to living in a different country or is it just Bill?

Why does he state that Dave King is a South African? I live in South Africa (have done so for over 30 years) but still view myself as Scots and am more fanatical about my support for Rangers every passing day. Genuine question here, do Scotsmen living in Scotland believe that anyone in exile is no longer a Scot/has forfeited their birthright due to living in a different country or is it just Bill?

You just answered your own question