I don't see anyone asking for sensitive information - just a clear roadmap of how the current regime intend to make Rangers the most successful club in Scotland.

The problem arises when they promise such a full review then prevaricate over the release and content of it whilst asking for an increase in ticket prices at the same time.

There, IMHO, is absolutely no reason why the review could not have been completed in conjunction with the renewal announcement by being published in full along with evidence given for new and substantial forthcoming investment or, if that wasn't available, ideas for achieving that ahead of 2015. That would have given fans around 14 days to judge the review on its own merits and come to a fair decision on their renewal.

Instead we're given unclear comments about review 'updates' and people who understandably need to pay over £300 in instalments are given next to no time to make up their mind. Yet, we're supposed to nod our heads and accept it.

Have we learned nothing from the last few years? Did it even happen for some people?

Are fans somehow disloyal for wanting more than this repeated request of blind faith year on year?

Frankie's really hit the nail on the head here in answer to the continued attempts to relate football businesses to any other.

Unlike any other business, the fans are paying for a product which is at the end of the day, customer satisfaction.

That customer satisfaction can come in many forms.

Winning the Champions League, a good run in Europe, winning the league, winning the Scottish Cup, remaining safe from relegation, just playing attractive football or whatever the fanbase cumulatively senses is acceptable for their Club.

However, history shows that prospects are bleak for Boards or owners who fail to live up to expectations.

Given our recent history, a large part of our fanbase is unhappy with the way we are playing, they are unsure if we are being led back to where we should be and they are suspicious as to our future financial stability.

This is why so many are questioning the present Board.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Fair enough if you have heard it elsewhere, but I'm not convinced that Somers would be so naive to put something like that in writing.

Well that was my thoughts exactly TM - but perhaps its indicative of the arrogance of these people.

At the end of the day , this board will have to live and die by the decisions in this review , IF they dont work , they have absolutely no excuses , last throw of the dice .

Would still love to know what the % seats sold per game Rangers budget on

I don't see anyone asking for sensitive information - just a clear roadmap of how the current regime intend to make Rangers the most successful club in Scotland.

The problem arises when they promise such a full review then prevaricate over the release and content of it whilst asking for an increase in ticket prices at the same time.

There, IMHO, is absolutely no reason why the review could not have been completed in conjunction with the renewal announcement by being published in full along with evidence given for new and substantial forthcoming investment or, if that wasn't available, ideas for achieving that ahead of 2015. That would have given fans around 14 days to judge the review on its own merits and come to a fair decision on their renewal.

Instead we're given unclear comments about review 'updates' and people who understandably need to pay over £300 in instalments are given next to no time to make up their mind. Yet, we're supposed to nod our heads and accept it.

Have we learned nothing from the last few years? Did it even happen for some people?

Are fans somehow disloyal for wanting more than this repeated request of blind faith year on year?

Frankie

This really really infuriates me. You would think considering what this support has had to go through these last few years - that any board would be making every conceivable effort to be as transparent as possible within the obvious guidelines you have alluded to.

Are these people so arrogant or so disconnected with the support that they have no idea why we are cautious/suspicious/rightly over vigilant within the limited powers we have available ? Who advises these people ? Or are they so full of themselves that they feel they dont need advised ?

I find it staggering the considerable failure of PR with our own support.

There's no question that footbal clubs in general and Rangers in particular have relied on the loyalty of their fans over the years and in Rangers case especially the last two years (Canal+ are the latest to film a documentary on this astonsihing phenomenon).

That said, think about, the places you shop, the other places of entrtainment you visit, your phone and internet supplier (castigated by one respondent if I recall) the utility companies etc (and yes I know football IS DIFFERENT to some extent because we are fans as well as customers) but how many of them tell you the results of their business reviews before you give them your business?

Oh, go on, I'll bite. Tell me BH what other places of entertainment are you paying for upfront? Not just in advance but close to a year in advance? Forget about phone companies or utilities, they aren't in anyway similar, I don't need to worry about the quality of electricity I'll get from Scottish Power only the price of it. But if Scottish Power looked like they might fail as a business in the next few months and were asking me to pay for my electricity in advance then yes, absolutely, I'd make it my business to be sure they were still going to be able to honour their side of the bargain.

If you are going to the cinema you'll maybe pay up to a couple of days in advance. Perhaps the theatre or a concert you'll pay months in advance, that's not unheard of. Something like Glastonbury you'll pay way in advance. Now, if Glastonbury went bust two years ago, was now no longer attracting any high profile bands or singers, had very publicly lost a lot of money the year before and wouldn't tell me who the line-up was going to be for this year, well, you know, i'd be cautious about buying a ticket, particularly if they increased the price from last year's concert which wasn't very good in the first place.

If you want to compare us to customers then fine, but do the analogy correctly. Wanting to know what you are getting for your money, wanting assurances that they'll deliver their side of the bargain is fairly normal practice for all consumers.

There is a reason holiday companies who ask you to pay for a holiday upfront are ABTA bonded, because if they aren't people are wary of parting with their hard earned. All I want Rangers to provide is my ABTA bond, I'm just being a customer after all.