Bilel Mohsni: I'd rather be at Ibrox than play in the English Premier League

THE former Southend defender wouldn't swap a day at Ochilview for a game at Old Trafford and says that team-mate Lee Wallace is good enough to play for Arsenal.

BILEL MOHSNI insists even an offer from the English Premier League couldn’t lure him away from helping Rangers back to the top.

The French defender claims he has found a new family at Ibrox since arriving from Southend last summer.

Mohsni has made 32 appearances this term to help Gers run away with the League One title. He scored his 10th goal of the season in Tuesday’s 3-0 win over Forfar and the 26-year-old admitted he has been blown away by the passion of the Light Blues’ support – even though a fans’ signing session left him on the brink of collapse.

Paris-born Mohsni also insisted team-mate Lee Wallace is good enough to play for Arsenal. The centre-back said: “It’s impossible to realise just how touching and pleasing it is to be surrounded by so many Rangers fans.

“My dream is to take the club back up to the top and into Europe where it belongs.

“I’d prefer to be at Ibrox 100 times more than playing for a club in the lower half of the English Premier League. That is despite the fact I would earn more money down south.

“The levels of support for Rangers are unbelievable.

“People have so much love for this club and I can only imagine what it is like in the Scottish Premiership and for European games.

“Madjid Bougherra has told me it is something he misses and would like to experience once more some day. The club asked me to do a midweek signing session in the megastore.

“It was meant to last two hours and given that I am not a big name like Lee McCulloch I didn’t think many people would come along.

“But I was wrong. The queue stretched for dozens of yards and I spent hours signing shirts, calendars and footballs non-stop as well as posing for photos. I heard fans who had waited for hours saying, ‘There’s still people behind us – I’ll buy an extra shirt and get Bilel to sign it for my uncle.’ I was shocked.

“As for Lee Wallace, he is good enough to play for any Premier League team, even Arsenal.

“Kieran Gibbs or Wallace? Waldo would fit into their side no problem.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-defender-bilel-mohsni-id-3426558

Luckily for the big man, that's not a decision he's likely to have to make anytime soon.

Agreed.

Roughly translated as - no-one has made an offer for me but if someone does send £20K per week my way, I'll send a postcard.

He's a bomb scare. Infact the better the opposition the bigger bomb scare he becomes.

I just can't begin to think how'd I feel watching him against the beggars or in Europe.

There's a reason why he was playing for Southend and not Southampton last season. An absolute bombscare.

And a reason why his contract was terminated allegedly "by mutual agreement"

He was warned on multiple occasions by Sturrock about his poor disciplinary record, having collected 16 bookings and three red cards in two seasons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20901595

Mohsni scored 18 goals in 62 league appearances for the Shrimpers, but also picked up four red and 18 yellow cards.

And his reputation was further marred by his decision to take the train home after games on two occasions, rather than travel with his team-mates.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22352862

Probably one of the biggest examples ever of a Rangers player who thinks he's better than he is; his arrogance is fooling no one.

... or maybe his teammates or manager included some trolls and idiots and mobbers?

Before any arguing starts here, I'm not saying he's a world beater or my favourite character. But it is rather dissappointing (again) to come onto a thread, read a player having only good things to say about the club and the support, but get's slagged like there is no tomorrow. nein.gif