Wallace's strategy 'update' may be too late to win over Rangers fans

Thought that the article was fair enough. There are bound to be some things in this review, which will attract both approval and disapproval but for me, at least, the key part will be all about the success or otherwise in attracting new investment and the basis for doing so.

Agreed; for the current Board it's all about getting money in: new share issue, new sponsor (already announced); membership scheme to raise a million; possibly some sort of new TV/IT deal to augment the SPFL; has to be something to tap into the money abroad; perhaps some new HNWI's; and given it's a 5-year plan has to include the financial benefits of getting back into the SPL and Europe. There that didn't take but 120 seconds, simples.

On the cuts: 4/5 players out; Ally has to get the budget down over next 12 months or at least not increased ahead of the SPL; possibly the bus driver/kit man and others to reaply for slightly different jobs at greatly reduced salaries; some relatively minor redundancies (asst bus driver, an accountant or two?) and other cosmetic measures; oh and I nearly forgot, directors to forego contractual bonuses for winning the 1st Division and Championship.

DK is a wealthy man but nowhere near as wealthy as he's being made out to be. Not at all convinced he'd be prepared to throw his money into something when he knows he wouldn't it get back

If it's ok with you I will take his word on that.

Ps the richest man in South Africa must be pretty rich.

To be clear here if the board go to king with a reasonable proposal and he can't or won't pony up he's no more use to us than the easdales. However given his previous 20 million investment I think it's reasonable to imagine he will be good on his word.

Agreed; for the current Board it's all about getting money in: new share issue, new sponsor (already announced); membership scheme to raise a million; possibly some sort of new TV/IT deal to augment the SPFL; has to be something to tap into the money abroad; perhaps some new HNWI's; and given it's a 5-year plan has to include the financial benefits of getting back into the SPL and Europe. There that didn't take but 120 seconds, simples.

On the cuts: 4/5 players out; Ally has to get the budget down over next 12 months or at least not increased ahead of the SPL; possibly the bus driver/kit man and others to reaply for slightly different jobs at greatly reduced salaries; some relatively minor redundancies (asst bus driver, an accountant or two?) and other cosmetic measures; oh and I nearly forgot, directors to forego contractual bonuses for winning the 1st Division and Championship.

BH are you in favour of a club membership scheme ?

I thought he said he would only invest if he became top dog. He wants to be in charge.

At 30 million investment he would be. Right now that would buy you the whole company comfortably. If a share issue was at 25p it would give him 50 odd percent holding.

DK has already stated he will put in £30m and get another £20m through other investors

That's what he said initially, then imho, back - peddled and claimed that he'd prefer the £30m to come from other sources, rather than his pocket.

I've no doubt about his overall wealth, but it really depends on how much is tied up in property, other ventures etc.

Ultimately, 30, 50, 100 million coming into the club is pointless if there is not a sound business plan in place & a sound infrastructure that doesn't haemorrhage money. All that the investment will do is delay the next load of cash input if the infrastructure ain't sorted....

That's what he said initially, then imho, back - peddled and claimed that he'd prefer the £30m to come from other sources, rather than his pocket.

I've no doubt about his overall wealth, but it really depends on how much is tied up in property, other ventures etc.

Ultimately, 30, 50, 100 million coming into the club is pointless if there is not a sound business plan in place & a sound infrastructure that doesn't haemorrhage money. All that the investment will do is delay the next load of cash input if the infrastructure ain't sorted....

actually initially he said we needed 50 million and he expected he would have to provide 30 of that.

so he hasn't backpedaled.

actually initially he said we needed 50 million and he expected he would have to provide 30 of that.

so he hasn't backpedaled.

He did indeed say £50m was probably required - £30m from his pocket, £20m from other sources.

He later stated, after the board said he told them that he wouldn't invest, that he'd prefer the £30m to come from other sources....