Heartbreaking.

Sandy fought long and hard.

A true Ranger who wore his heart on his sleeve. The word legend is far too often used in footballing terms, however Sandy most certainly deserves that accolade.

Thoughts and prayers are with Sandy's friends and family.

RIP, sleep well.

Ally's tribute is incredibly moving.

""He was respected not only by Rangers fans but also the wider football community and he is a huge loss to the game," McCoist said on Rangers' website.

"I had the privilege of watching Sandy playing for Rangers when I was a young boy, I had enjoyed the pleasure of working with him closely since I returned to the club in 2007 and he was a truly remarkable human being.

"His achievements both on and off the pitch are second to none and I was honoured to regard him as a friend. He gave everything for this great club and worked tirelessly in a number of roles because he wanted to ensure the traditions, history and standards at Rangers were maintained.

"He recently told me he was proud to be a Ranger and wanted to be remembered forever as a Ranger. Well Sandy you will go down in history as one of the greatest of all time and we will miss you terribly."

I'm not ashamed to say I have shed a tear or two.

I first saw Sandy as a 9-10 year old, against ra Sellik in a 2-4 victory. He was named as Billy Jardine and played inside right.

Within 18 months, we were singing :

Sandy, Sandy, Sandy in royal blue,

We're half crazy over the love of you,

We think it's really magic,

When you beat the Glasgow Celtic,

You look so sweet,

With the ball at your feet,

Sandy in royal blue.

Another thing that might be missed in the numerous obituaries that will be presented in the next few days, Sandy was a genuinely quick player. He worked with both a fitness and a designated sprint coach. Every New Year's day, there was a professional sprint race over 100 yards held at Powderhall, Edinburgh. If Rangers were not playing, Sandy participated and I believe he finished runner-up on at least one occasion.

My own personal favourite memory was a Dryburgh Cup final circa 73/74ish against the green'n'grey. At Hampden, sandy ran from our own box, drifting past 3 or 4 opposition before shooting into their net.

I first saw Sandy as a 9-10 year old, against ra Sellik in a 2-4 victory. He was named as Billy Jardine and played inside right.

Within 18 months, we were singing :

You look so sweet,

Sandy in royal blue.

Another thing that might be missed in the numerous obituaries that will be presented in the next few days, Sandy was a genuinely quick player. He worked with both a fitness and a designated sprint coach. Every New Year's day, there was a professional sprint race over 100 yards held at Powderhall, Edinburgh. If Rangers were not playing, Sandy participated and I believe he finished runner-up on at least one occasion.

My own personal favourite memory was a Dryburgh Cup final circa 73/74ish against the green'n'grey. At Hampden, sandy ran from our own box, drifting past 3 or 4 opposition before shooting into their net.

Those were a lot of the words I was looking for mate. As a young kid seeing his goal against Bayern at Ibrox was epic for me.

You look so sweet,

Sandy in royal blue.

Slight edit-

We're all crazy over the love of you,

Things will be really perfect,