Never got the honour of seeing Sandy play for us, but his dedication to Rangers Football Club has been admire from every Rangers supporter across the globe.

Driving past Ibrox this morning was a somber experience - seeing the tributes that have been left in his honour - his loss will undoubtedly leave a void within the walls of Ibrox.

It breaks my heart that he will never get the chance to see us return to the top. When we get back to where we belong, and we lift the Scottish Premier League title for the 55th - that will undoubtedly be for Sandy!

RIP Sandy, in Royal Blue!

I'm too young to remember Sandy as a player but I worked alongside Sandy for a few years and can honestly say in that time I have never met such an upbeat, postitive, well mannered, inspirational character. He was absolutely first class with me any time I approached him years ago and any time since.

Stevie Smith tweeted this:

Strong, proud, loyal and dignified. He is everything a Rangers should be. Rest in peace Sandy Jardine.

Never a truer word spoken!

John Greig: I have lost my best pal

THE Greatest Ever Ranger has paid tribute to his "oldest friend of 50 years" after he passed away peacefully following a brave battle with cancer.

JS35488277.jpg

Rangers legend Sandy Jardine salutes the Ibrox crowd on his emotional return in August 2013

JOHN GREIG last night led the tributes to Sandy Jardine after one of Scotland’s classiest ever players lost his cancer fight.

Jardine, 65, passed away peacefully, surrounded by his family, after losing his 18-month battle against illness.

Greig, the Greatest Living Ranger, said: “Sandy wasn’t just my colleague in football for many years, he was my oldest friend of 50 years.”

Jardine won a huge 
collection of honours in 17 years at Rangers from 1965.

He helped the club to the European Cup Winners’ Cup in 1972 and played a pivotal role in the Treble-winning teams of 1976 and 1978.

In total, he won three titles, five Scottish Cups, five League Cups and was twice named Player of the Year in Scotland.

A Rangers spokesman said: “A legend in every sense, Sandy will be missed by everyone who knew him.”

Jardine won 38 caps, played in two World Cups and had a career Indian summer at Hearts where he was named Player of the Year at 37.

Tynecastle chief David Southern said: “Everyone connected with Hearts will feel this loss deeply.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-great-john-greig-pays-3454174

I will always remember Sandy for that day at Hampden when we marched in our thousands. I'm too young to remember him playing. But THAT day told me everything I needed to know about Sandy.

He stood up for the club and was prepared to put everything on the line. In that act alone he gained the hearts of a generation who never saw him kick a ball.

RIP Sandy. The No2 jersey in our team above awaits you.

Also a bit young to remember him as a player, but I shall remember all he did for the club and our support. Faithful and loyal through and through. I particularly liked this tweet below:

Stewart Weir @sweirz · 1h

For some in media + many fans, look at what Sandy #Jardine did for #Rangers on many fronts. Now reset your 'legend' benchmark accordingly