My point was that the lump sums and or £125 totals paid to RST/BR have lagely been invested to purchase the 500,000+ shares and that they do not have the money now to exercise their rights in a new issue.

You have rehearsed your point about the differences in the schemes often enough and correct me if I am wrong but what you get in the RST/BR is a community share NOT a share in RIFC? The shares are owned collectively are they not?

Paying monthly does not "go on for ever" with RF. The shares are owned collectively and you can of course stop your contributions whenever you want.

So both are schemes for fans to own shares collectively but I think you would agree that the RF scheme has more flexibility.

In any case surely it would be best to combine the best elements of both schemes?

I have a vote with my community share. As long as I remain in the RST, I will never lose it. It is paid for and no more money is required to retain it. I am happy to have one vote in a community whether it is 2,000 strong or twenty times that size, and if the majority is against me sometimes, so be it.

With RF, if you stop paying, you have no longer have a say in what happens no matter how much you have paid in.

I do believe though that both schemes need to find a way to work together. People can make their own choices about how much to pay, but all shares bought should belong to one group - not two. Punters are sick and tired of new groups, more complication and more infighting.

Cooperation is key.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

After the last RF meeting , I am really hopeful that they will pull a rabbit out the hat when they have the official mainstream launch and that they do indeed have some HNWI lined up to back them .

As pointed out there is no chance of RF and BR ever coming together , the paraniod amongst our support would possibly self combust if that was ever to happen.

This lust for a HNWI, or rich guy, is a real turn-off.

Anyone genuinely wanting fan ownership should be appealing to the many, not the lucky few.

Anyone genuinely wanting fan ownership should be appealing to the many, not the lucky few.

Thats not what I meant , the whole purpose of getting HNWI involved is to get the required percentage of shares , these HNWI still only get the same vote as everyone else , though they can depending on the amount they put in get a dividend on their investment , everyone wins

Thats not what I meant , the whole purpose of getting HNWI involved is to get the required percentage of shares , these HNWI still only get the same vote as everyone else , though they can depending on the amount they put in get a dividend on their investment , everyone wins

It's far healthier to appeal to the many to invest a little - what they can afford to lose - than to seek out rich guys to gift money to a scheme that seems to have very little in it for them.

It's far healthier to appeal to the many to invest a little - what they can afford to lose - than to seek out rich guys to gift money to a scheme that seems to have very little in it for them.[/QUOT

Totally agree , however yet again Rangers fans are big on rhetoric and small in action , the FOH have over 8000 investing monthly I believe , RF in just over a month has approx 1250 , we have a long way to go

Is there really any "lust for a HNWI" as you put it?

Is it not more along the lines of the fan ownership initiatives trying to be prudent by attempting to accommodate everyone?

Both initiatives would be interested in speaking to ANY fan who is a HNWI and in fact, they've both done exactly that, have they not?

I really don't see any issues with a HNWI investing in a fan ownership initiative, although technically, neither of the existing fan ownership vehicles seem to tick all of the right boxes for them to do so.

Is there really any "lust for a HNWI" as you put it?

Is it not more along the lines of the fan ownership initiatives trying to be prudent by attempting to accommodate everyone?

Both initiatives would be interested in speaking to ANY fan who is a HNWI and in fact, they've both done exactly that, have they not?

I really don't see any issues with a HNWI investing in a fan ownership initiative, although technically, neither of the existing fan ownership vehicles seem to tick all of the right boxes for them to do so.

If you tailor a fan ownership scheme towards accommodating rich guys, you might find the rich guys running the show and the ideal being compromised.

Speaking to rich men to accelerate the process and paying them back in full is more agreeable because there is no compromise in the scheme itself.

Hildy;483056

With RF, if you stop paying, you have no longer have a say in what happens no matter how much you have paid in.

I do believe though that both schemes need to find a way to work together. People can make their own choices about how much to pay, but all shares bought should belong to one group - not two. Punters are sick and tired of new groups, more complication and more infighting.

Cooperation is key.

I do believe that that is correct as things stand, though you can go down to a fairly nominal £5/month. However it has been mooted that in the future this could be further reduced or abolished once a critical mass has been obtained.

Of course you need to keep paying RST your £10/yr or life membership; so ultimately again not much difference.

I am certain that most reasonable people accept that one group would be far stronger than the sum of the current different schemes.

IMHO I haven't said anything remotely comparable about anyone to what has been said about me; nor have I ever threatened anyone's person, business or property, nor would I; all of which has happened to me.

Now, now that just isn't true is it?

Wednesday, 14 March 2012

RANGERS BLUE KNIGHTS MR JOHN BENNETT

I am writing to you as an IFA who has transacted business with your Company for many years as well as some of the companies that you have acquired recently, such as Gartmore and New Star. At the same time, I am a lifelong supporter of Rangers Football Club and a former secretary of Rangers Supporters Trust. Although I do not have any direct link to a supporters organisation at the moment, I have been a shareholder for nearly 30 years.

In terms of Funds Under Management, currently I have approximately £xxx,xxx invested in your products, either directly or through the xyz platform; of which just over £xx,xxx is invested in Mr Bennett.s European Selected Opportunities Fund and £xx,xxx in your European Growth Fund managed by Mr Pease. The juxtaposition of these two Funds is something that has been exercising my mind since your acquisition of Gartmore last April and the fund integration in July 2011.

As a supporter and shareholder in Rangers Football Club, naturally I welcome any moves to bring the club out of administration as soon as possible but as an IFA with clients invested in Mr Bennett Fund, you will appreciate that I am extremely concerned about the possible impact on Fund performance of his involvement with the Blue Knights.

I understand that Mr Bennett is the sole Manager of this Fund and also your European Focus Fund, lead Manager on four other funds and co-Manages your European Absolute Return Fund; with total assets well in excess of £2 billion. Therefore, it does seem to me that he certainly has his hands full managing seven funds, without the added pressure of being involved in the Blue Knights group and the possibility of becoming a Director of Rangers FC.

I look forward to your comments with great interest and hopefully you will consider that this matter is urgent, given that offers to purchase the club have to be submitted by this Friday, 16 March 2012.

Yours sincerely

Not even veiled is it?

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?40487-UPDATE-Conversation-with-Mr-John-Bennett-(Blue-Knights)

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/archive/index.php/t-42094.html