Hibs face battle for starlet

Hibernian youngster David Grof is being tracked by Rangers, Celtic and a number of Premiership clubs, according to reports in his homeland.

The Hungarian starlet moved to Easter Road last summer from Vasas Budapest and he had produced a string of outstanding displays for Hibs' youth and reserve sides.

The 17-year-old goalkeeper is being tipped as future international number one, and he appears to be fulfilling his potential quickly.

It is being suggested that his performances have already caught the eye of the Old Firm as well as a clutch of clubs south of the border.

The youngster himself would not be drawn on the interest, insisting he was only looking at being Hibernian number one.

"Many people say I have a great chance to get into the first team at Hibernian," Grof told NSU.

"I'm very critical with myself, but I'm only 17 and I'm aware of the fact that I have to improve a lot.

"I have had lots of interesting games so far: in the Championship of the reserves we had a draw versus Motherwell and in the youth league we played 0-0 against the unbeaten Celtic."

Seems we are in for another Hibs youngster. I was wondering if it would not be cheaper for Murray to buy the whole club,it may be cheaper buying in Bulk than player for player.

On a serious note it would seem we have Murray Park.

Hibs have the talent to fill it.

What are our Scouts Doing?

Many of the Scottish youngsters that are making it big at other clubs, are discarded by Rangers at youth level.

Who makes these decisions? Have they the vision to spot a talent?

This is not only a thing of these times it is throughout our history.

Kenny Dalgliesh was also deemed not good enough for us

Maybe time to look into our assesment of young players and get someone in with the vision to spot these talents.

I think it�´s down to

- poor scouting system (given size of club)

- lack of oppourtunities for youth and failure to recognize those who will make it (so they go elsewhere)

- too many of our youth think they�´ve made it because yhey�´ve signed for Rangers, thereafter don�´t apply themselves properly (eg.booze & burdz)and don�´t develop as they should.

- example given by senior players (eg. BF, ex/captain of the club)