Cribari targets new deal as his £7k a week bumper contract draws to a close

BRAZILIAN centre back Cribari has asked Ibrox chiefs for a new deal despite only three starts in League One this season as his generous £7000 a week contract expires.

RANGERS’ £7,000-a-week Brazilian misfit Emilson Cribari last night revealed he wants a new deal.

Manager Ally McCoist this week finally met chief executive Graham Wallace to thrash out his budget for next term’s Championship campaign.

The Gers gaffer has insisted he will hold talks with his five out-of-contract players first before bringing in any new signings.

Former Lazio stopper Cribari, right, is one of those out of contract and it had been widely believed he was set to leave Glasgow after two years at Ibrox.

The 34-year-old has made just three starts all season for the runaway League One champions and his appearance as a late sub last week against Stranraer was expected to be his Ibrox swansong.

But the former Napoli and Udinese Serie A defender has claimed to be in talks to land a shock new deal.

And he insists he could not have been happier with how things have gone in Glasgow.

Cribari said: “It has been an amazing experience at Rangers.

“I’ve experienced everything in a different way and explored a new culture.

“The fans have always been with us. I want to stay at Rangers. I am out of contract but I’ll talk to the club about a new one.

“Glasgow is a great football city and I have enjoyed my time here.”

Cribari landed the bumper contract two years ago when he was snapped up from Cruzeiro on a two-year deal.

And it would be a major surprise if he was offered a new deal, even on vastly reduced terms.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-misfit-emilson-cribari-targets-3490116

I think that would be the end for Ally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 years of shite football and constant failures and THIS would be the end? The end should have been after the 3 European failures.

In fact he never should have got the job in the first place. Bar the tail end of the 10/11 season, the football under Smith was horrific and it was clear we needed to go in a different direction. Instead we kept his two assistants and ended up with a diluted version of Smith as anyone with sense knew would be the case.

3 years of shite football and constant failures and THIS would be the end? The end should have been after the 3 European failures.

In fact he never should have got the job in the first place. Bar the tail end of the 10/11 season, the football under Smith was horrific and it was clear we needed to go in a different direction. Instead we kept his two assistants and ended up with a diluted version of Smith as anyone with sense knew would be the case.

Not everyone has your foresight or your zeal re McCoist's suitability as manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would just bin him and give the younger players some game time

Me too, but I'd just like to see what he would do if offered a 1yr contract on a grand a week. I'm guessing he'd by on a flight out of Glasgow quicker than you could say "no wonder you want to stay and get paid 7 grand a week for doing f*ck all".

Edited by Zappa