10 members have voted

1. 1. What time of year would you prefer for the next Gersnet Dinner

• Early Season - August/September
    • Autumn – October/November
    • Christmas
    • New Year
    • Spring – February/ March
    • End of Season – April/May

Following the success of the First Annual Gersnet Dinner it has been suggested that the event be held more frequently than annually and that we should not wait a year for the next one, particularly as several members of the site were unable to attend the first one for a variety of reasons.

The new football season kicks-off on the following dates:

• Weekend of 26 July - First Round of the Scottish Challenge Cup

• Weekend of ‎2 August - First Round of the Scottish League Cup

• Weekend of 9 August - SPFL League season starts across all four divisions

Leaving aside July as being a bit early (and it would be dependent on a home or away draw in any event), I’ve divided the broad date zones as follows:

Early Season - August/September

Autumn – October/November

Christmas

New Year

Spring – February/ March

End of Season – April/May

Please vote for your preference.

Note this is just for the NEXT dinner; so voting for Christmas/New Year say, does not preclude one later in the season as well.

Once we get an idea of the most popular time of year we can wait till the fixtures are published and TV schedules are known to decide an exact date, time and venue.

I’m working on the assumption that most if not all folk will want to stick with after a weekend match.

Please post any other comments.

Also anyone who wants to take over organising duties step right up.

I want to come at the end of the year so fixtures and a cheap easy jet ticket are paramount for me. I hope to book after the fixtures are known.

Pete,

It would be helpful if you would vote for a preferred date zone and then we will sort out the details when the fixtures are known, thanks.

BTW originally I had Christmas/New Year together but thought it best to separate as different family commitments might be paramount at that time of year.

Autumn will be better for me as I have my Aunt's wedding in July then two more weddings on the 8th and 9th of August... :(

In saying that I'm also away on holiday in October for a week so apologies for my diary being continually full at the moment.