I'm going away for a while which means that Saturday is my only real opportunity to renew direct before the deadline.

So I've been wrestling with the dilemma of what's best for the Club in the long term.

Not going because of the quality of football simply isn't an option for me.

Paying game by game is way too much hassle.

Delaying until later in the Summer doesn't sit well with me. Now is not the time for fence sitting as it won't help resolve the current impasse.

So, do I sign up for Dave's plan in hope rather than expectation that it succeeds? Well, I don't think they'll get security over the Club's main assets, but I do think they could force the Board into a more conciliatory stance. The trouble is that there is massive risk attached to that option. I genuinely don't think many fans realise just what a lottery another insolvency event would be. There's absolutely no guarantee that the good guys win this time and even if we do avoid admin two, it's likely that the shareholders we distrust will strengthen their hold on the club in the process.

Or, do I swallow my pride, ignore the gaffs, the ham fisted emotional blackmail, the cringeworthy statements, missed opportunities, dubious personalities and unknown beneficial owners and trust those who patently have not earned it yet? It goes against the grain, but I suspect that the worst excesses and failings of the previous Board won't be repeated. Ultimately, it's safer in the short term and we live to fight another day if the Board don't deliver.

Not easy, but I'm leaning towards the "safe" option.

Anyone care to persuade me that I'm misguided?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ask yourself if you want dave kings 5o million investment and if so what are you prepared to do to help secure it.

ask yourself if you want dave kings 5o million investment and if so what are you prepared to do to help secure it.

Where in the Q&A's or the T&C's of Ibrox 1972 Ltd does it say that if you pledge your money to that company Mr King will invest anything, never mind £50m in Rangers?

I think what you mean is that YOU (and others) can't trust or perhaps don't want to trust the people in charge.

It's easy with the benefit of hindsight but just because the current Board have made mistakes and YOU and others don't trust them doesn't mean "we" i.e. others can't trust them to do their best.

I do believe that the mistakes of the past will have a bearing on how this Board performs; I will be putting my money where my loyalty stands and I will be prepared to put more money if I can upgrade my seat from those who don't choose to by a ST before the deadline. Who knows I might even get to sit in the comfy seats beside BD.

Not only that but if the Club started a "proper" membership scheme where I had to make a significant financial commitment to secure my seat for future years (as with the Club Deck) then I would give them that too; because it is my Club, my Rangers family, the Club that has given me great pleasure to follow for 57 years and in 21 countries and which I hope to follow for many years to come.

lets hope you don't end up like the last set of bond holders.

lets hope you don't end up like the last set of bond holders.

I should have added that I was quite prepared to take that chance.

Everyone who bought a "bond" seat knew it was a free, non-repayable, unsecured loan to the club and they also knew or ought to have known that as such they could lose their money.

I think what you mean is that YOU (and others) can't trust or perhaps don't want to trust the people in charge.

It's easy with the benefit of hindsight but just because the current Board have made mistakes and YOU and others don't trust them doesn't mean "we" i.e. others can't trust them to do their best.

I do believe that the mistakes of the past will have a bearing on how this Board performs; I will be putting my money where my loyalty stands and I will be prepared to put more money if I can upgrade my seat from those who don't choose to by a ST before the deadline. Who knows I might even get to sit in the comfy seats beside BD.

Not only that but if the Club started a "proper" membership scheme where I had to make a significant financial commitment to secure my seat for future years (as with the Club Deck) then I would give them that too; because it is my Club, my Rangers family, the Club that has given me great pleasure to follow for 57 years and in 21 countries and which I hope to follow for many years to come.

No, I mean that there isn't reasonable grounds to trust the current board that are in part backed by the same major shareholders that were behind Green.

They have shown an unwillingness to be meaningfully transparent despite noises to the contrary.

They have shown an unwillingness to meaningfully engage with the support and address 'issues'.

They sign spin doctors instead of scouts.

They award 100% bonus to CEO after saying bonus culture was finished and not even his contract is clear how it is triggered.

Somers has on occasion misled supporters.

Wallace has on occasion misled and lied to supporters.

Easdale is a convicted fraudster.

The Easdales MO down in Inverclyde has............(leaves rest blank so as not to get forum in bother)

A.Easdale was the Green replacement front for broadly similar proxies.

Laxey in their very few communications misled and lied to supporters.

Tell the court one thing about our financial state while Easdale.A tells the world the opposite.

I could go on and on and on and on with much more specifics.................

But if you want to Trust them as you did with Charles Green it's your call.

Bet your glad you didn't give your credit card to the man with the big hands.

This lot have got us into such a state that today they can't even take it.

As for the 'membership scheme' that will be 'managed' and exploited in an effort to marginalise disent and control discourse.

Aswell as bring money into the pot, from which they will find their creative ways to take their cut, it's what those type of people do for a living.

As for the 'membership scheme' that will be 'managed' and exploited in an effort to marginalise disent and control discourse.

Aswell as bring money into the pot, from which they will find their creative ways to take their cut, it's what those type of people do for a living.

I did say a "proper" membership scheme; but that's enough for one night!