It's your money and your call.

My own view is that for once the support (or as many as possible) need to stand firm and say enough is enough.

It might be a PLC where shareholder rules but when presented as a business it might want to listen to it's customers for once.

It's not even if it's ordinary complaints about the 'product', it's about more serious issues that threaten the longterm competitivity/future of the club.

Why not hold off until you get back ?

See what the ly of the land is then....

It's true that very few other businesses could show such utter disregard for the views of their customers and survive for long.

My gut fee is that holding off and doing nothing for now is the worst of all possible worlds - DK doesn't get the leverage and the Board will issue discounted shares to "selected" investors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's simply a personal choice there is no right or wrong option.

Desperately sad that loyal (and I use that word correctly!) fans are reduced to wrestling with their conscience over the simple matter of purchasing a season ticket.

Never a truer word FS.

ask yourself if you want dave kings 5o million investment and if so what are you prepared to do to help secure it.

It's more a question of what he's asking me to risk to help secure it GS.

I'm not convinced that the balance of risk and reward is in the Club's favour.

The important point here seems to be this:

We all want to be loyal to the club, each and every one of us, but this means paying large sums of money to a company that owns and controls the club, and there is a growing and fairly widespread view that it is not fit for purpose.

How then can people be loyal to the club when its controlling company isn't trusted? How can we look after the club when it belongs to faceless owners, and not us?

As things stand under this regime, I foresee a future of mediocrity and disappointment. I believe that the Rangers castle has started to crumble and it will keep on crumbling until it finally disappears under a cloud of dust. The only way to arrest this situation is to interfere and bring matters to a head.

Of course, there is no guarantee that this will launch us on a path to success and silverware, but the alternative, as I see it, is a lingering and painful finality.

If Dave King steps up, he may turn out to be a disappointment, but I find it hard to believe that he would not be an improvement on our current owners. If he gains a controlling interest, I would want him to engage with fans to turn Rangers into a fan-owned entity, because if he does not, there will be another ownership crisis in the future - and Charles Green II could be waiting - or Craig Whyte II lurking.

I'm prepared to take a risk now in the hope that Rangers can find a better way to go forward. The alternative, plodding on while professing undying loyalty, might give us a warm glow inside, but it will not stop our decline and eventual demise.

We are in a high risk game and no-one is sure whether to stick or twist. For me, it's the latter, and we all know the risks attached. The alternative favours the banker - and he knows it.

For Rangers to recover, change now is more agreeable than change later. Let the revolution commence.

We all want to be loyal to the club, each and every one of us, but this means paying large sums of money to a company that owns and controls the club, and there is a growing and fairly widespread view that it is not fit for purpose.

How then can people be loyal to the club when its controlling company isn't trusted? How can we look after the club when it belongs to faceless owners, and not us?

As things stand under this regime, I foresee a future of mediocrity and disappointment. I believe that the Rangers castle has started to crumble and it will keep on crumbling until it finally disappears under a cloud of dust. The only way to arrest this situation is to interfere and bring matters to a head.

Of course, there is no guarantee that this will launch us on a path to success and silverware, but the alternative, as I see it, is a lingering and painful finality.

If Dave King steps up, he may turn out to be a disappointment, but I find it hard to believe that he would not be an improvement on our current owners. If he gains a controlling interest, I would want him to engage with fans to turn Rangers into a fan-owned entity, because if he does not, there will be another ownership crisis in the future - and Charles Green II could be waiting - or Craig Whyte II lurking.

I'm prepared to take a risk now in the hope that Rangers can find a better way to go forward. The alternative, plodding on while professing undying loyalty, might give us a warm glow inside, but it will not stop our decline and eventual demise.

We are in a high risk game and no-one is sure whether to stick or twist. For me, it's the latter, and we all know the risks attached. The alternative favours the banker - and he knows it.

For Rangers to recover, change now is more agreeable than change later. Let the revolution commence.

And if twisting results in our death?

I think you have made a fair assessment of some but not all of the risks, a new insolvency event being the most important that springs to mind.

Unless that is what you were meaning by your crumbling castle analogy. I do not see the castle crumbling though I accept that is is under considerable threat. Ordinarilly those who lay siege to the castle would succeed but do they have the firepower and will reninforcements arrive in time?

I am sure you will excuse those of us who prefer not to twist and remain inside the castle, if you'll pardon the mixed metaphors.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Great minds and all that STB, you must have posted that as I was writing mine; nice to it's keeping someone else awake at night!

Yep, between this and exams plenty keeping me up. :lol:

Even if you can argue our death is unlikely, another admin event will see us start next season on -25 points, coupled with having to punt any player even half decent it's highly unlikely we'd get promoted. However many millions King decides to talk about in the papers more years in the lower leagues could cripple us far worse than the current board can. I respect everyone has a right to a choice but many seem to be blind to the risks by basically assuming it can't get any worse, which isn't true.

Yep, between this and exams plenty keeping me up. :lol:

Even if you can argue our death is unlikely, another admin event will see us start next season on -25 points, coupled with having to punt any player even half decent it's highly unlikely we'd get promoted. However many millions King decides to talk about in the papers more years in the lower leagues could cripple us far worse than the current board can. I respect everyone has a right to a choice but many seem to be blind to the risks by basically assuming it can't get any worse, which isn't true.

Quite so; good luck in the exams but remember your brain needs a sleep too.