Fair enough, but it seems a bit like cutting off your nose....

You can still protest at the games which is a lot more symbolic and many won't be aware that you haven't renewed.

It's more about potentially cutting off a money supply that you have reasonable doubt will all be spent in the longterm interests of the club.

(Potential) Protests that the board 'understand' will be unpaid empty seats..............hence a degree of ongoing accountibility.

Throw it at them in one go and you are powerless and IMO after recent times, rather naive, complicit or don't care.

it makes the board more accountable though. if they want them to keep going the have to behave correctly.

I don't see that it does make them more accountable, other than fans have the option of not going on a match to match basis but that in itself doesn't make them accountable.

as a personal example if they ever sell ibrox i will never set foot in it again knowing the money is going elsewhere. or part of it. thats why i can only justify a season book through rangers1872.

If they sell Ibrox then all bets are off, but Ibrox 1972 (you were close :D) doesn't prevent that, and it could be argued that it makes it more likely,

if you give them season book cash they have free reign for a year.

They have free reign anyway. All that changes is the timing of when they get the cash to have free reign over.

I don't really get that. OK, it stops the club spending cash on transfer fees or signing on fees, but whether you give the cash in July or October, it ends up in the same place and will just "disappear" later rather than sooner, if that's what you think will happen.

Surely if you want to do that, you don't attend the games?

it means the club cant wait till after the deadline to make cuts they didnt want to make before renewal. Everything upfront first instead of trying to minimize customer opinion. It also means the club has to consistantly over the season strive to encourage support, instead of concentrating only on the business side which seems their want. It means fans if things dont improve can threaten cash withdrawl week in week out. IE bring in a football director in the next month or we will not buy tickets for x games. basically just opens up more options than if you had already paid for the whole season, kind of forcing the board to do their job and concentrate on the football week in week out instead of them just giving sound bite in the run up to renewal then not doing anything the fans have asked for once they recieve the money.

I don't see that it does make them more accountable, other than fans have the option of not going on a match to match basis but that in itself doesn't make them accountable.

If they sell Ibrox then all bets are off, but Ibrox 1972 (you were close :D) doesn't prevent that, and it could be argued that it makes it more likely,

They have free reign anyway. All that changes is the timing of when they get the cash to have free reign over.

I wonder why they didn't use 1872. Probably taken already.

I believe it keeps them honest or helps. We would never have sold 37k season books last year if the accounts had been out before renewals.

It's more about potentially cutting off a money supply that you have reasonable doubt will all be spent in the longterm interests of the club.

(Potential) Protests that the board 'understand' will be empty seats..............hence a degree of ongoing accountibility.

But TBO aren't proposing empty seats. As I said above, if you do have doubts that the cash will be spent in the best interests of the club then you don't go.

Yes, paying week to week does give you a flexibility, but I doubt that it's going to change the board's attitude. That's my major area of difference. if I felt it would make a difference than I'd consider it, but I don't.

Throw it at them in one go and you are powerless and IMO after recent times, rather naive, complicit or don't care.

Ah, the insults. So which do I fall into? :razz:

it means the club cant wait till after the deadline to make cuts they didnt want to make before renewal.

Or maybe they end up making cuts that they may not have had to make?

Everything upfront first instead of trying to minimize customer opinion. It also means the club has to consistantly over the season strive to encourage support, instead of concentrating only on the business side which seems their want. It means fans if things dont improve can threaten cash withdrawl week in week out. IE bring in a football director in the next month or we will not buy tickets for x games. basically just opens up more options than if you had already paid for the whole season, kind of forcing the board to do their job and concentrate on the football week in week out instead of them just giving sound bite in the run up to renewal then not doing anything the fans have asked for once they recieve the money.

That sounds good but I just don't see this board of directors thinking or reacting like that.

But TBO aren't proposing empty seats. As I said above, if you do have doubts that the cash will be spent in the best interests of the club then you don't go.

Yes, paying week to week does give you a flexibility, but I doubt that it's going to change the board's attitude. That's my major area of difference. if I felt it would make a difference than I'd consider it, but I don't.

Ah, the insults. So which do I fall into? :razz:

Flexibility gives you power.

If many (not restricted toTBO) are Flexible it gives the board food for thought before taking decisions, ie. a degree of accountability.

My opinion, not an insult.

The three categories are IMO a fair representation of many of our fans when it comes to boardroom matters at Ibrox in recent years.

- I'd say that the 'complicit' are a very very small band and most of them will have a degree of naivity thrown-in.

- The 'don't care' are those who simply want to watch the football and aren't interested in anything else.

- The'naive' are a large group and it's understandable given complexities and heavy duty spin over years. They also include a fair amount of 'experts' whose previous experience didn't include a section on corporate vultures and their methods allied to a longterm spin campaign against the support to make 'control' easier. The positive is that this group is reducing in number as time goes by.

Or maybe they end up making cuts that they may not have had to make?

That sounds good but I just don't see this board of directors thinking or reacting like that.

your right. So far they have not paid any attention and seem happy to think it will all blow over.

Common sense says there must be a tipping point, but where that is or what it will take is anybodys guess. I think the board truely believe they are doing a good job and the fans are only unhappy because of instigators and the job done by previous boards. Had really hoped with the removal of Irvine that wrong assumption would go to.

unfortunately i think it will take near extinction until this board realise fans are not going to support a club in huge numbers that runs with such a low wage ratio, no scouts, no football people in positions to make change and with no real vision or detailed plan of where we are going. All i want is the majority of my season ticket money to be used to build the best footballing side we can afford. So far it seems to me this board are more concerned with diverting my cash into future revenue streams than what those streams should be used for. Football first.

My opinion, not an insult.

The three categories are IMO a fair representation of many of our fans when it comes to boardroom matters at Ibrox in recent years.

- I'd say that the 'complicit' are a very very small band and most of them will have a degree of naivity thrown-in.

- The 'don't care' are those who simply want to watch the football and aren't interested in anything else.

- The'naive' are a large group and it's understandable given complexities and heavy duty spin over years. They also include a fair amount of 'experts' whose previous experience didn't include a section to cope with corporate vultures and their methods allied to a longterm spin campaign against the support to make 'control' easier. The positive is that this group is reducing in number as time goes by.

There's a large chunk of the support who think that the proposed actions will just have no impact. I wouldn't say that they fall into any of your three categories but I guess some may categorise them as naïve but that would be an arrogant attitude, shown by those who think that they know better than others.

All this is doing is splitting an already divided support even further , and as BD says if your still going on a game by game basis the crowds will still be the same and they will still get the money the same , the only difference is that the original investors will have strengthened their position by getting more shares via the 43 million that the board can presently sell