No, we're firmly on the road to recovery and future greatness.

Green's 10M warchest will surely have increased with interest........add the Blue Pitch 50M and it'll be CL quarter finals !!

OK. I suppose I don't understand the whole sense of doom and gloom around Ibrox. As far as I can see;

- a rookie manager was appointed, made rookie mistakes, has been poor in the cups, but has been a steady hand despite the chaos, and achieved objectives in the league. Football has been poor but with Dean Shields etc what does anyone expect? Player negotiation has probably been the poorest part of the squad build.

- Charles Green, Ahmad etc may have been a naughty boys, but without them it was possible the club would have been finished totally, and maybe it was an acceptable price to pay for their help.

- The present board, though not perfect, are trying to turn things around, and are not overcharging etc (except Wallace bonus perhaps).

-DK, like the blue knights etc, (and the People's Front of Judea) had their chance and did nothing but talk. They are being unreasonable about people like the Easdales who actually put their money in (and don't even take a wage as far as I know).

Am I missing something here about the civil war?

There are those on here who would agree substantially with your assessment and I am one of them.

-DK, like the blue knights etc, (and the People's Front of Judea) had their chance and did nothing but talk. They are being unreasonable about people like the Easdales who actually put their money in

What money have the Easdales put into the club?

A very good first post indeed

If it is.

For a 'neutral' this chap seems a) very well informed about the complexities of our situation and b) to have adopted a decidely non-neutral standpoint.

Every - and I mean every - truly neutral or non Rangers-supporting football fan I have ever met, long ago lost any interest in our behind the scenes carryings on and is now bored rigid by the whole affair. Only Timothy continues his voyeuristic interest.

His reference to the People's Front of Judea makes me think I know who this is or at least who one of his friends might be and if I am correct then he is certainly not a Celtic fan.

You have to be careful with low post counts, but if you and I weren't fairly well known we'd be accused of it as well :lol:

His reference to the People's Front of Judea makes me think I know who this is or at least who one of his friends might be and if I am correct then he is certainly not a Celtic fan.

I'm more of a Judean People's front man myself - don't trust that "other" mob....

No I'm a completely new poster- and I'm not here to indulge myself in anyone's misery, nor do I have any duplicitous motive. I read every team's blogs - I've posted on Celtic sites and been called 'a hun', posted on Bill McMurdo's and basically had people trying to intimidate me. I'm posting here because it is genuinely the only old firm blog that has a quality informative forum.

I suppose as Scottish football's quality declines, as competition declines, as star players are nowhere to be seen, the boardroom shenanigans at clubs is about the only interesting aspect of Scottish football now. At least for a wee while yet. To think just a few years ago we had Gascioigne, Laudrup, Larsson, Canniggia (at Dundee!!), Latapy, playing in the SPL. Before that we had the new firm running riot in Europe. Before that we had the old firm genuinely feared throughout Europe. What do we have now?

I'd like to see the SPFL introduce a financial fair play procedure to stop the likes of Rangers, Hearts falling victim to megalomaniacs, and for equal distribution of all finances except match day income distributed evenly throughout the league, if not in fact weighted towards the smaller clubs.