As much as I was disgusted with the signing of Miller, I am absolutely delighted with the signing of Boyd today.

Had he not left he would be closing in on all of McCoist's records by now IMO.

The rekindling of the Boyd/Miller strike partnership that worked so well before must now be the basis around how we build our team. Daly/Clark are decent subs if Daly can reproduce his early season form and not replicate his second half of the season form. All we need to work on now is some decent ammunition from midfield. McLeod is the star man in there by a mile, and him and Law could be a good partnership in centre mid. A lot of energy and drive between them when both are fit and in form.

Moshni will still be ok for this season, but if there is no improvement this will need to be his last season. Who partners him at CD is anyones guess, but I am guessing we bought McGregor for a reason so he will be getting first shot at it. It must NOT be Jig. We need a right back as Foster is not good enough, while Wallace will again be our star defender. Bell in goals will be fine.

So we have;

Bell

Wallace Moshni Mcgregor BLANK

BLANK McLeod Law BLANK

Boyd MIller

So only 3 positions up for grabs from the rest of the squad and players like Aird who was first pick last season for a wide berth will probably get a good chance to continue his mainly good form.

We dont seem to have much depth, although I must admit I am struggling to remember a lot of our squad players who mainly bored me to tears in the last year or two. Perhaps there are one or two I am forgetting!

Seems fair enough. You'd hope Temps, Aird and McKay would do enough to play regularly and inject some width/pace into the team.

As for Daly, he was OK at times last year but clearly ran out of puff/legs by about February. He'll prove a useful sub to have as a battering ram when we're struggling to break teams down.

Seems fair enough. You'd hope Temps, Aird and McKay would do enough to play regularly and inject some width/pace into the team.

As for Daly, he was OK at times last year but clearly ran out of puff/legs by about February. He'll prove a useful sub to have as a battering ram when we're struggling to break teams down.

Temps is a good shout Frankie, I like him and if he can stay injury free would be a great player to have supplying Boyd/Miller.

One thing I did say about Daly last season in the early part of the season he always played the full 90 minutes which I thought was stupid for an "older" guy. Most strikers get subbed if the game is dead (and we were winning easily most weeks in the fist half of the season) to keep them fresh but we didnt do it with Daly, and it showed in the second half of the season when he was completely flat.

So with a midfield 4 of Temps Law McLeod Aird that only really leaves a right back to find to have a pretty decent first 11. Who was the young lad that got a couple of games at right back last season then got farmed out on loan. He looked good but I cant remember the name. Can young Gasparatto play RB or is he really a centre?

Have any of these been confirmed?

Depends by whom.

Anyone other than "My taxi driver" or "A guy in the boozer". :D It wasn't a dig.

Oh God yes, far better sources than those kind. :D

That's fine. :D

Super Cooper, you've been rattling on and on for months about how Boyd would not under any circumstances be returning to Rangers to play for us while Ally is still the manager. Was it the same sources who told you that nonsense that gave you those player salary figures? :D

Temps is a good shout Frankie, I like him and if he can stay injury free would be a great player to have supplying Boyd/Miller.

One thing I did say about Daly last season in the early part of the season he always played the full 90 minutes which I thought was stupid for an "older" guy. Most strikers get subbed if the game is dead (and we were winning easily most weeks in the fist half of the season) to keep them fresh but we didnt do it with Daly, and it showed in the second half of the season when he was completely flat.

So with a midfield 4 of Temps Law McLeod Aird that only really leaves a right back to find to have a pretty decent first 11. Who was the young lad that got a couple of games at right back last season then got farmed out on loan. He looked good but I cant remember the name. Can young Gasparatto play RB or is he really a centre?

Kyle Mcausland, I thought he looked decent at RB as well, but I believe he is a CB.

Super Cooper, you've been rattling on and on for months about how Boyd would not under any circumstances be returning to Rangers to play for us while Ally is still the manager. Was it the same sources who told you that nonsense that gave you those player salary figures? :D

No.

I think Allys interview on the website is very telling, reading between the lines. This one was almost forced upon him i would say. If Ally really wanted Boyd he could have had him 2 years ago when the lad was on his hands and knees begging to come back to Ibrox. I don't believe for a second Ally 100% wants KB at Ibrox. I only passed on exactly what Kris Boyd had been telling friends an family. He will be as stunned with this move as they are.

Anyhow, what's so unrealistic about the players salaries? Frankie says Blacks on 6, Craig says 8, i also said 8, Andy Devlin said 10. The Sun claimed Cammy Bell was on 8. A pal of Durrants told me about Daly a few days before a well respected member on here confirmed it, Templetons has been confirmed by someone who works with the company he banks with, Wallace is on an old co contract given by Whyte, not unrealistic to think he was given something stupid just like McGregor, Davis and Whittaker, £12k per week the average squad player salary give to SPL Rangers players according to David Murray. Gunslinger claims Jig is on 10, i have been told 12 after his reduction from his higher oldco contract. We know for a fact what the footballing running costs were for the last few years, we know for a fact we have blew around £70m in an 18 months period, so what's so unrealistic to believe about the salaries being quoted?