I'm sure he's not past it at 30 and in fact, in some ways he's exactly what we need for the right wing because we've been lop-sided and had a void on the right for a while.

But would he come on a contract we can afford?

He would be a terrific signing. To be honest even Celtic couldn't get him either, he's well thought of in the Premiership.

Yep, Bardsley wont struggle to find another team. A defender who has the engine to get up and down, and who also chips in with the odd goal here and there.... definitely will be playing in the EPL should he wish next season

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but here goes.......I think the best signing we could make would be Barry Ferguson.

There. I said it. I'm out of the closet and I feel liberated!

Yes, since we're outing ourselves i'll join you, I'd take him back in a heartbeat too. Ferguson knows what it means to play for Rangers and he could be the making of Lewis MacLoed. Plus, if nothing else he was an outstanding footballer.

Yes, since we're outing ourselves i'll join you, I'd take him back in a heartbeat too. Ferguson knows what it means to play for Rangers and he could be the making of Lewis MacLoed. Plus, if nothing else he was an outstanding footballer.

This could be interesting - be prepared for a hundred pager :-)

My thinking exactly. We have been sorely missing a captain and a leader and Ferguson would provide those as well as being able to mentor MacLeod.

Ferguson made his mistakes and paid the price - so afaiac, the slate is wiped clean. I think he'd come back in a heartbeat and we need him as much as he wants us.

count me in for ferguson. best scottish player since kenny dal imho.

Ferguson was a fantastic player for Rangers,class player who never hid in any game,best Scottish talent produced in his era, would be an ideal signing for next season,provided he would be willing to earn just a few bob,maybe even nothing?.