• 1 month later...
In the last 10-15 years how many strikers have we had who can get 20+ a season in the SPL? We spent £12m on a player that couldn't do it. Given our circumstances, passing up on Boyd would be scandalous.

I thought you were all about blooding youth?

I am, please clarify what your point is?

Well, you've always lamented about Ally's penchant for playing members of the old boys' club and how he should be playing more youth, and here you are advocating that he should go for one of those very same old boys. Confusing !!

Well, you've always lamented about Ally's penchant for playing members of the old boys' club and how he should be playing more youth, and here you are advocating that he should go for one of those very same old boys. Confusing !!

It's always been evident that you have never ever had a clue what you're talking about but I'll break it down for you. When people advocate a youth strategy they are not looking for 11 young players, they are simply looking for some youth players. Older, experienced players will always be a part of this, as they have been in most examples of successful youth teams.

I don't mean to be harsh here, but you are so regularly off point that I feel I shouldn't have to bother justifying myself to you.

It's always been evident that you have never ever had a clue what you're talking about but I'll break it down for you. When people advocate a youth strategy they are not looking for 11 young players, they are simply looking for some youth players. Older, experienced players will always be a part of this, as they have been in most examples of successful youth teams.

I don't mean to be harsh here, but you are so regularly off point that I feel I shouldn't have to bother justifying myself to you.

Go back and look at some of your previous posts and see how many times you have lambasted older players and informed us of how we are missing a great opportunity to introduce a youth policy at this time in the lower leagues. I have personally asked you if by using McKay, Hutton, McLeod,Crawford, Gallagher, Aird etc. , "do we not have enough youth?". For me 2 or 3 young players at a time is enough.

Don't ask me to clarify if you don't want me to be specific.