And it is exactly this mentality that started the downward spiral of where we are today. 15k a week to play in the Championship ? Then everyone else expects the same. When last did Hutton perform well ? When last did he perform like a 15k per week player ?

I was an avid Hutton fan when he was with us but that was a long time ago and he hasn't performed nearly as well since his departure.

We shouldn't be paying ANY player 15k a week - at least not until we sort our financial malaise out first and get back to sound financial management.

We've just signed 3 players who didn't expect to get what the likes of Daly, Black, Jig, Templeton and Wallace are on Craig. 2 of whom are internationals. We also have the rest of our squad who don't expect what the higher earners are on.

In general though i do agree about Hutton, it would be an expensive gamble. Though surely he is still far far better than what we currently have.

Looking over the clip of his goals for Killie last season - I am quite impressed with some of his headed goals. Seems to be able to get good pace and direction from headers which isn't necessarily something I remember him for when he was last with us.

He often looks like a cracking player when he plays for Scotland, but he also often looks total guff when he plays for Scotland. Really hit and miss player - aka inconsistent.

He had a purple-patch at just the right time for Murray to cash in on him. Either side of it, he has been largely unimpressive.

A good athlete, an average footballer. The blueprint of British coaching for far too many years now.

We've just signed 3 players who didn't expect to get what the likes of Daly, Black, Jig, Templeton and Wallace are on Craig. 2 of whom are internationals.

In general though i do agree about Hutton, it would be an expensive gamble. Though surely he is still far far better than what we currently have.

We don't really know what they are on though. I do know Black is/was on 8k a week (which is, quite simply, an abomination). I have also heard, take with a pinch of salt, that when we signed Clark he was on, maybe, 1k a week and we went in and said "would 6k a week be enough" - our contract negotiations are appalling if that is the case, but not surprising. I mean, FFS, Black was painting & decorating when we signed him because there was no interest.... so why offer him 8k a week ? Did we honestly believe he was making that much painting ?? Ridiculous financial mismanagement. Same with Clark IF true - if he was on 1k a week, is a bluenose, you would think that the opportunity would be enough for him to sign on at maybe 2-3k a week (still a 100-200% uplift in wages). But no, we spew money left, right and centre.

Yeah, as for Hutton, when he was at Rangers he was definitely a 50k a week player. And every now and then he may look like that for Scotland too.... however, I also watched him at Spurs and saw the bombscare he was defensively. At 15k a week, given his age and the increasing likelihood that he wouldn't be sold on, 15k a week is too big of a gamble for us.

We don't really know what they are on though. I do know Black is/was on 8k a week (which is, quite simply, an abomination). I have also heard, take with a pinch of salt, that when we signed Clark he was on, maybe, 1k a week and we went in and said "would 6k a week be enough" - our contract negotiations are appalling if that is the case, but not surprising. I mean, FFS, Black was painting & decorating when we signed him because there was no interest.... so why offer him 8k a week ? Did we honestly believe he was making that much painting ?? Ridiculous financial mismanagement. Same with Clark IF true - if he was on 1k a week, is a bluenose, you would think that the opportunity would be enough for him to sign on at maybe 2-3k a week (still a 100-200% uplift in wages). But no, we spew money left, right and centre.

Yeah, as for Hutton, when he was at Rangers he was definitely a 50k a week player. And every now and then he may look like that for Scotland too.... however, I also watched him at Spurs and saw the bombscare he was defensively. At 15k a week, given his age and the increasing likelihood that he wouldn't be sold on, 15k a week is too big of a gamble for us.

Daly 12

Jig 12

Temps 8

Black 8

Bell 8

Wallace 12

Miller 3 apparently

Boyd similar.

McGregor 2 apparently.

Some difference in how Green and Mather done things compared to Wallace. I do however find it hard to believe that stuff about Clark, surely to Christ not mate though it wouldn't surprise me.

I distinctly remember the torrent of hatred expressed towards Boyd when he chose to leave despite being offered a new contract. All quiet now it would seem and, despite their protestations, the majority of the fanbase would also accept the return of McGregor, Naismith and Whittaker. Well the first two anyway. :D

Daly 12

Jig 12

Temps 8

Black 8

Bell 8

Wallace 12

Miller 3 apparently

Boyd similar.

McGregor 2 apparently.

Some difference in how Green and Mather done things compared to Wallace. I do however find it hard to believe that stuff about Clark, surely to Christ not mate though it wouldn't surprise me.

Have any of these been confirmed?